|Genres||Symphonic,Progressive, Black metal,|
|Years active||1999 - present|
|Labels||Red Rivet Records|
|Website||CLAYMORE's Official Web Site|
Claymore is a symphonic progressive black metal band originating from Ruse, Bulgaria that formed in 1999. Their style consists of a combination of melodic death and black metal with influences from other styles of metal like heavy, thrash, speed and classical music.
The Bulgarian melodic death/black metal band CLAYMORE is formed in the summer of 1999 in the city of Ruse. Founding members are Kamen (bass), Martyn (guitar) . Choosing the keyboard was complex and after three months of auditions we chose Tsvetelin (keyboards) - He became one of the pillars of Claymore. After a number of changes over the years, the current staff is: Martin - guitar; Kamen - bass; Tsvetelin - keyboards, Nikolai - drums, Emil - vocals;
CLAYMORE quickly became popular among Bulgarian fans with unique and pure style of melodic death/black metal combining aggression and melody in one with influences from other styles like heavy,thrash,death,grind as well as a good amount of classical music. Their first ever performance is in September 1999 to start a long tour in many cities across Bulgaria captivating audiences everywhere. This earns them a place at the biggest Bulgarian Underground Music Festival (Bourgas 2000). This was the beginning ... At the end of 2000 CLAYMORE record their first demo tracks quickly followed by a demo CD tilled "Warriors of Claymore" which is posted on many web magazines and played on radio shows in Bulgaria and abroad. During 2002 CLAYMORE worked hard on the sound quality for the recording of the actual demo "Released" consisting of 5 songs. These songs represent their style and part of their live shows. CLAYMORE 's remarkable popularity and success earns them a place in "Trash till Death", "Heatework festival", "Heart Rock festival", "Chaos fest", "Massacre Fest", "Legacy Open Air Fest", "Barock Fest", "Nightmare Fest", "Ost festival","Sea Black Festival"etc. where they played along side well known international bands like Destruction (Germany),Dimmu Borgir (Norway), Mystic Circle (Germany), Napalm death (UK), Sinister (Netherlands), Parricide (Poland), The Claymore (Germany), Lord Belial (Sweden), Graveworm (Italy), Apostasy (Sweden), Eastern Front (UK), Carnal (Poland), Acid Rain (Germany), Negura Bunget (Romania), Izegrim (Netherlands), Spoil Engine (Belgium), Gothic (Romania), Diary About My Nightmares (Germany), Disdained (Serbia), Cilice (Netherlands), Daemonicus (Sweden) , etc. CLAYMORE recorded their first full-lenght album "Prolonged Active Antagonism" and took part in "Black Curse Over Europe" tour in 2008. The album is out on D.O.P. (Bulgaria). Official mp3 distributors are Forces of Satan (Norway), Toxicity Records – Vodafone Live (Bulgaria). They want to spread their music among the Underground circles all over the world .That actually happens - completion of the second album "Vengeance is Near" led to a deal with the Japanese label Red Rivet Records great step in the progress of the band .
According to vocalist Svetoslav "The musical element is linear and undimensional. It could be experienced undimensionally through the line of time, thus one perceives the world as one’s own world. If we go deeper into the secrets of music, we could understand that the musical experience is extremely close to the harmonic/melodic cosmic relations, from which the whole human being grows. The human being is internally made of music and one has artistic and musical perception insofar as it coincides with the secrets of one’s own musical structure. The true art is always coming down to the fact that the human being is looking for its relations with the spiritual world." 
- Emil Kehayov - Vocals (2013–present)
- Tzvetelin Baltov - Keyboard (2000–present)
- Kamen Manev - Bass (1999–present)
- Nikolay Nikolaev - Drums (2012–present)
- Martyn Manev - Guitar (1999–present)
- Plamen Tzanev - Gutar (2012-2013)
- Svetoslav Georgiev - Vocals (2008-2012)
- Velislav Danov - Bass Guitar & Back Vocals(1999-2012)
- Emil Petev - Guitar (2000–2001)
- Kremena Gancheva - Clean Vocals, Back Vocals (2000–2001)
- Kaloyan Gadjov - Vocals (1999–2000)
- Tzvetan Rachev - Vocals (2000–2007)
- Jena - Keyboards (1999–2000)
- 2014: Vengeance is Near
- 2008: Prolonged Active Antagonism
Live & other albums
- 1999: Demo
- 2000: Warriors of Claymore (EP)
- 2004: Released (EP)
- 2005: Live in DNA
- 2009: The Legion of TchorT Compilation No. 6
- 2011: "Millennial Metal V. vol. 1"
- "CLAYMORE". Subexsistance - Dark Music Portal. Retrieved 2011-02-14. "Interview CLAYMORE"
- "Backstage With CLAYMORE". MyStage Music. Retrieved 2011-02-14. "Backstage With CLAYMORE"
- "Svetoslav Georgiev - The Bulgarian Music Scene, What it's really like -". Svetoslav Georgiev on the Bulgarian scene article at HellRaiser Music Group. Retrieved 2011-03-09. "- The Bulgarian Music Scene, What it's really like - article for Hellraiser Music Group by Svetoslav Gerogiev - vocalist for Bulgaria based band CLAYMORE"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to CLAYMORE.|