||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Area(s)||Digital painting, Computer painting|
|Ghost Rider: Trail of Tears
Ghost Rider: Road to Damnation
Venom vs. Carnage
Clayton Crain is an American comic book artist known for his digital painted work on Marvel Comics books such as Ghost Rider, X-Force and Carnage, and on the Valiant Comics series Rai. Crain is also known for his work with Todd McFarlane, covers for DC, and his unique sketch cover acrylic paintings.
Clayton Crain grew up in Moxee, Washington with his parents and older sister. He was sketching on his schoolwork from a very early age and made the definitive choice to be a comic book illustrator at the age of 14 after seeing The Amazing Spider-Man #315.
Crain’s career began with Acclaim Comics after he showed editor Fabian Nicieza a 5-page original story board of his artwork. His first book was Shadowman issues 16-20. Crain went on to work on various projects for Todd McFarlane, Top Cow Productions, Marvel Comics, and DC Comics.
- Impure #1-?
- 342 #1-?
- Shadowman #16-20 (1998), his first professional work (as Klayton Krain)
- Curse of the Spawn #24-29 (1998–99)
- Kiss Psycho Circus #18-31 (1999–2000)
- Darkness, vol. 1, #34-36
- Sam & Twitch #14
- No Honor #1-4
- Universe #1-8
- Tom Judge: End Of Days #1
- "Savior" 1-6 ongoing (2015)
- Amazing Spider-Man #538 (variant cover, 2007)
- Ant-Man #1-4 (unpublished)
- Carnage #1-5 (2010-2011)
- Carnage: U.S.A. #1-5 (2012)
- Four #29 (cover, 2006)
- Ghost Rider: Road to Damnation miniseries, #1-6 (2005–06)
- Ghost Rider: Trail of Tears miniseries, #1-6 (2007)
- Wolverine/Punisher miniseries, #4 (Marvel Knights (cover, 2004)
- Sensational Spider-man vol. 2 (interiors): #26, 28, 39-40; (covers): #27, #30-33 (2006-07)
- Silver Surfer, vol. 3, #10 (cover, 2004)
- Toxin, miniseries, #2 (cover, 2005)
- Thunderbolts #114 (variant cover, 2007)
- Ultimate Comics Fallout #4 (2011)
- Venom #14 (cover, 2004)
- Venom/Carnage, miniseries, #1-4 (2004)
- X-Force vol. 3 #1-6, 11-16, 21-25 (2009-2010)
Trade paperback collections include:
- Ghost Rider:
|This profile of an American comics artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|