Clayton Township, Adams County, Illinois
Location in Adams County
Adams County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||36.96 sq mi (95.7 km2)|
|• Land||36.95 sq mi (95.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||696 ft (212 m)|
|• Density||27.8/sq mi (10.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62320, 62324, 62339|
|GNIS feature ID||0428817|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.96 square miles (95.7 km2), of which 36.95 square miles (95.7 km2) (or 99.97%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.03%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains six cemeteries: Evangelical Lutheran, Meints, Pleasant View, Sargent, South Side and West Side.
- Camp Point Community Unit School District 3
- Southeastern Community Unit School District 337
- Illinois' 18th congressional district
- State House District 93
- State Senate District 47
- "Clayton Township, Adams County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-03.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 84.
||Houston Township||Northeast Township||Huntsville Township, Schuyler County|
|Camp Point Township||Pea Ridge Township, Brown County|
|Columbus Township||Concord Township||Lee Township, Brown County|