||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
CleanMyMac2 Main Window
3.2.1 / November 26, 2015
|Operating system||Mac OS X 10.8 or higher|
The software can identify and delete unnecessary files on the Mac OS X startup disk, including system files, log files, cache files, language files, universal binaries, old iOS software updates, and temporary iPhoto files. This can be done on a scheduled basis. An uninstaller allows old or incompatible applications to be thoroughly deleted, and an extension manager allows unwanted browser extensions to be disabled or deleted. The software offers the ability to bypass the trash when deleting files, and securely erase sensitive material.
The original version of the application was downloaded over three million times. An updated version, CleanMyMac2, was released on March 5, 2013, featuring a redesigned user-interface, an iPhoto library cleanup tool, a large and old file finder (for potential deletion), OS X Mavericks compatibility and performance improvements. The newest iteration, CleanMyMac 3, version 3.0.2, was released by MacPaw on May 8, 2015. The application requires OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or higher and about 45MB of free hard drive space. According to MacPaw support, they have released a beta version of CleanMyMac 3 with macOS 10.12 compatibility. The beta version will only be available once Apple officially launches macOS Sierra to the public. The software supports ten languages.
On Cnet, CleanMyMac2 holds an editor's rating of 3.5 stars and an average user rating of 4.5 stars (from 74 reviews). Staff praised the application in their review, calling it "Straightforward and pleasant to use". Data recovery amounts vary by system. The first release of CleanMyMac 3 (March 7, 2015) was reviewed by TekRevue on April 7, 2015. SoftwareHow also reviewed CleanMyMac 3.4.0 on July 12, 2016. The author shared both pros and cons of the app and his personal takes.
- Mac OS X 10.7+
- 40Mb of free disk space
- "Keep Your Mac Clean, Healthy And Fast". Softpedia.
- "CleanMyMac". MacPaw.
- "50+ Ways How To Clean Up Your Mac Computer". Macpaw.
- "MacPaw CleanMyMac 2 Review – Cleanup & Optimization Software". TheTechReviewer.
- "CleanMyMac2 - Not The Usual And Simple Update". WiselyGuide.
- "MacPaw Releases CleanMyMac 2". MacPaw.
- "CleanMyMac2 Removes Unnecessary Files To Free Up Storage Space". Macworld.
- Clean My Mac 3 Review
- "CleanMyMac 3 F.A.Q. - Frequently asked questions regarding CleanMyMac 3| MacPaw". MacPaw.com. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "CleanMyMac 2 For Mac". Cnet.
- "CleanMyMac 2 For OS X Review". TechnologyTell.
- "CleanMyMac 3 Review – It All Comes Down to Convenience". TekRevue.
- "CleanMyMac 3 Review & Tutorial 2016: Is It the Best Mac Cleaning App?". 2016-07-12. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- CleanMyMac Review - Omghowto
- CleanMyMac Review | iCreate
- CleanMyMac review - Review - Macworld UK
- CleanMyMac 2 review: remove unnecessary files on your Mac - PC Advisor
- Mac OS X Tips, Tricks & Fixes - Imagine Publishing
- Mac Maintenance Tips & Tricks - Imagine Publishing