Clean Slate Films
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Clean Slate Films is an Indian film production and distribution company established by actress Anushka Sharma in October 2014. Based in Mumbai, it mainly produces and distributes Hindi films.
Co-founded in September 2014 by Anushka Sharma and her brother Karnesh Sharma, Clean Slate Films was set up with the single-minded intention of producing movies that the sibling duo "believe in and the audience loves, while backing exciting, hot new talent." Anushka Sharma said, "I have always been a risk-taker, and setting up Clean Slate, allows me to push the envelope even more." Karnesh added, "Our first project, NH10 is taking shape so well, that it gave us a lot of confidence to put things into 5th gear under our banner."
Their debut venture, the crime-thriller NH10 was a co-production between Clean Slate Films and Phantom Films, distributed by Eros International. The film dealt with a married couple in Gurgaon who decide to take a road trip, and instead endanger their lives by intervening in an incident of honor killing. Anushka Sharma played the lead role alongside actor Neil Bhoopalam, Darshan Kumar and Deepti Naval. The film was directed by Navdeep Singh, and written by Sudip Sharma. Released on 13 March 2015, on a budget of about US $2.1 million, NH10 was declared a sleeper hit, raking in approximately US $5.1 million worldwide at the Box Office. The film was screened at the Beijing International Film Festival where it was warmly received and widely appreciated.
Following the success of their maiden production venture NH10, Clean Slate Films released their next production Phillauri, a romantic comedy directed by Anshai Lal and starring Anushka Sharma in the lead alongside Diljit Dosanjh, Suraj Sharma and Mehreen Pirzada. It opened to positive to mixed reviews and was a modest box office success.
Clean Slate Films will be producing two film web series. The first one is a cop drama written by Sudeep Sharma. The series is in collaboration with Amazon and will be hosted on Amazon Prime. The shooting is expected to start in January 2019.
Clean Slate Films also announced one more film project. They will be producing a crime-drama project titled Kaneda, to be directed by Navdeep Singh. This film will be centred on the lives of NRIs in Canada.
|2015||NH10||Anushka Sharma, Neil Bhoopalam, Darshan Kumar, Deepti Naval||Navdeep Singh||Co-production with Phantom Films|
|2017||Phillauri||Anushka Sharma, Diljit Dosanjh, Suraj Sharma, Mehreen Pirzada||Anshai Lal||Co-production with Fox Star Studios|
|2018||Pari||Anushka Sharma, Parambrata Chatterjee, Rajat Kapoor, Ritabhari Chakraborty, Mansi Multani||Prosit Roy||Co production with KriArj Entertainment|
- "Anushka Sharma wants to take risks as producer"
- "Anushka Sharma: Transformation from actor to producer is wonderful"
- "Anushka Sharma turns producer with NH 10"
- "Anushka Sharma: 'Phillauri' is a romantic, fun film"
- "After 'NH-10', Anushka Sharma flags off her second production". IBN Live. 22 October 2014. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- "NH10 Opens Better Than Queen, Kahaani, Tanu Weds Manu; Equals Mardaani". Koimoi. 14 March 2015. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- "Box-Office Verdicts Of Major Bollywood Releases Of 2015". Koimoi. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- "Anushka to attend screening of NH10 in Beijing Film festival". Deccan Herald. 15 April 2015. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- Singh, Suhani (9 November 2018). "Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma and Madhuri Dixit to produce films for Netflix". India Today. Retrieved 10 November 2018.
- "Anushka Sharma to produce her second film". Filmfare. 22 October 2014. Retrieved 16 May 2015.