Clean Slate Films
Clean Slate Films is an Indian film production and distribution company established by actress Anushka Sharma in October 2013. Based in Mumbai, it mainly produces and distributes Hindi films.
Co-founded in September 2013 by Anushka Sharma and her brother Karnesh Sharma, Clean Slate Films was set up with the single-minded intention of producing movies that the sibling duo "believe in and the audience loves, while backing exciting, hot new talent." Karnesh added, "Our first project, NH10 is taking shape so well, that it gave us a lot of confidence to put things into 5th gear under our banner."
Their debut venture, the crime-thriller NH10 was a co-production between Clean Slate Films and Phantom Films, distributed by Eros International. The film dealt with a married couple in Gurgaon who decide to take a road trip, and instead endanger their lives by intervening in an incident of honor killing. Anushka Sharma played the lead role alongside actor Neil Bhoopalam, Darshan Kumar and Deepti Naval. The film was directed by Navdeep Singh, and written by Sudip Sharma. Released on 13 March 2015, on a budget of about US$2.1 million, NH10 was declared a sleeper hit, raking in approximately US$5.1 million worldwide at the box office. The film was screened at the Beijing International Film Festival where it was warmly received and widely appreciated.
Following the success of their maiden production venture NH10, Clean Slate Films released their next production Phillauri, a romantic comedy directed by Anshai Lal and starring Anushka Sharma in the lead alongside Diljit Dosanjh, Suraj Sharma and Mehreen Pirzada. It opened to positive to mixed reviews and was a modest box office success.
They next produced Pari, a supernatural horror film directed by Prosit Roy in his debut. It stars Anushka Sharma, with Parambrata Chatterjee, Ritabhari Chakraborty, Rajat Kapoor and Mansi Multani featuring in supporting roles. The film received generally positive reviews for Sharma's performance and praising for the makers for doing a movie on this genre.
Clean Slate Films next produced a web series, a cop drama titled Paatal Lok, written and created by Sudip Sharma. The series is in collaboration with Amazon and was hosted on Amazon Prime on 15 May 2020 to positive reviews.
Their latest production Bulbbul, which released on Netflix on 24 June 2020, received generally positive reviews from the critics and the audience with a particular praise for its stand on feminism, visual effects, background music, and performance of the leads, especially Tripti Dimri. However, it was criticized for short length and predictable plot.
Clean Slate Films will be producing a drama series named Mai, about a middle-aged housewife fighting crime.
|2015||NH10||Anushka Sharma, Neil Bhoopalam, Darshan Kumar, Deepti Naval||Navdeep Singh||Co-production with Phantom Films|
|2017||Phillauri||Anushka Sharma, Diljit Dosanjh, Suraj Sharma, Mehreen Pirzada, Abhishek Banerjee, Manav Vij, Nidhi Bisht, Suparna Marwah, Raza Murad||Anshai Lal||Co-production with Fox Star Studios|
|2018||Pari||Anushka Sharma, Parambrata Chatterjee, Rajat Kapoor, Ritabhari Chakraborty, Mansi Multani, Dibyendu Bhattacharya, Mithu Chakrabarty||Prosit Roy||Co production with KriArj Entertainment|
|2020||Paatal Lok||Neeraj Kabi, Gul Panag, Jaideep Ahlawat, Abhishek Banerjee, Swastika Mukherjee, Jagjeet Sandhu, Anup Jalota, Ishwak Singh, Asif Basra, Vipin Sharma, Anindita Bose, Asif Khan, Amit Raj, Rajesh Sharma, Sandeep Mahajan||Avinash Arun, Prosit Roy||Amazon Prime Series|
|2020||Bulbbul||Avinash Tiwary, Tripti Dimri, Rahul Bose, Parambrata Chatterjee, Paoli Dam||Anvita Dutt||Netflix original film|
- "Anushka Sharma wants to take risks as producer". 20 April 2015.
- April 20, IndiaToday in; April 20, 2015UPDATED:; Ist, 2015 16:16. "Anushka Sharma: Transformation from actor to producer is wonderful". India Today.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link) CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- Hungama, Bollywood (31 October 2013). "Anushka Sharma turns producer with NH 10 : Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama".
- "Anushka Sharma starts shooting for `NH10`". Zee News. 17 January 2014. Archived from the original on 20 January 2014. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "After 'NH-10', Anushka Sharma flags off her second production". IBN Live. 22 October 2014. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- "NH10 Opens Better Than Queen, Kahaani, Tanu Weds Manu; Equals Mardaani". Koimoi. 14 March 2015. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- "Box-Office Verdicts Of Major Bollywood Releases Of 2015". Koimoi. Archived from the original on 11 May 2015. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- "Anushka to attend screening of NH10 in Beijing Film festival". Deccan Herald. 15 April 2015. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- Team, Koimoi com (11 October 2018). "After NH10 & Pari, Anushka Sharma To Now Produce A Web Series!".
- "'Bulbbul' Review: Anushka Sharma's Haunting Horror Production Gets Thumbs Up From Audience". www.mensxp.com. Retrieved 25 June 2020.
- "A feminist fable". www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 25 June 2020.
- "Bulbbul Twitter Review: Tripti Dimri leaves fans in awe of her screen presence and acting skills — read tweets". Bollywood Life. 24 June 2020. Retrieved 25 June 2020.
- World, Republic. "'Bulbbul' receiving mixed reactions from the audience; called 'predictable yet intriguing'". Republic World. Retrieved 25 June 2020.
- Bhushan, Nyay (15 July 2019). "Netflix Greenlights Indian Horror Series From Shah Rukh Khan, Blumhouse, Ivanhoe". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 15 July 2019.
- "Paatal Lok: Anushka Sharma shares new teaser for her grimy and violent new Amazon series, trailer out May 5". Hindustan Times. 27 April 2020. Retrieved 4 May 2020.
- "Anushka Sharma's Amazon Prime series 'Paatal Lok' to premiere on May 15". The Hindu. PTI. 24 April 2020. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 4 May 2020.CS1 maint: others (link)
- Taneja, Parina (10 June 2020). "Anushka Sharma shares FIRST LOOK of her Netflix film Bulbul". www.indiatvnews.com.