|Founded||San Francisco, California, USA (2002)|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, CA|
|Sheeraz Haji, CEO
Greg Neichin, Vice President, Research & Advisory
Richard Youngman, Managing Director Europe & Asia
Nicholas Parker, Executive Chairman
The Cleantech Group is a company that supports the development and marketability of clean technologies. Founded by Nick Parker and Keith Raab in 2002, the Cleantech Group provides members of its Cleantech network access to capital, investors, research and promotional opportunities. The group also provides advisory services for large corporations and governments.
Credited with originating the word cleantech, the Cleantech Group also owns the term as a registered trademark. The term cleantech usually refers to investments in technologies and related business models focused on the roots of ecological challenges. (In contrast, terms greentech or environmental technology often are used more narrowly to represent products and solutions designed to mitigate pollution.)
According to the company's website, the Cleantech Group has a stated mission to accelerate the growth of clean technology markets worldwide by functioning as a provider of insight, business opportunities, and relationships.
Representing more than $3 trillion in assets, the Cleantech Group’s global member network includes members from the more than 8,000 investors, 6,000 companies, and 3,500 professional services organizations focused on clean technology in sectors ranging from energy generation to transportation to agriculture.
In addition to its network of investors, entrepreneurs, enterprises, and service providers, Cleantech Group also publishes research, data and industry news coverage; produces the Cleantech Forum series of international conferences; and presents the annual Cleantech Awards.
- Gotten,Valerie. "Calif. Gov. Schwarzenegger Celebrates California Receiving the Most Clean Tech Investment in No. America", California Newswire, July 12, 2010.
- Pulfer, Rachel. "Canada in 2020 - Energy: Mr. Clean", Canadian Business magazine, October 27, 2008.
- Scott, Mark. "CleanTech Investment Takes a Hit April 1, 2009", Green Business - BusinessWeek, April 1, 2009.
- "Cleantech Group takes actively part in COPENMIND 2008", Copenmind, June 13, 2008.
- "The 2009 Cleantech Awards recipients"