|Founded||San Francisco, California, USA (2002)|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, CA|
|Richard Youngman, CEO|
The Cleantech Group is a company that supports the development and marketability of clean technologies. The Cleantech Group provides members of its Cleantech network access to capital, investors, research and promotional opportunities. The group also provides advisory services for large corporations and governments.
The Cleantech Group owns the term "cleantech" as a registered trademark. The term usually refers to investments in technologies and related business models focused on the roots of ecological challenges. (In contrast, terms greentech or environmental technology often are used more narrowly to represent products and solutions designed to mitigate pollution.)
According to the company's website, the Cleantech Group has a stated mission to accelerate the growth of clean technology markets worldwide by functioning as a provider of insight, business opportunities, and relationships.
Representing more than $3 trillion in assets, the Cleantech Group’s global member network includes members from the more than 8,000 investors, 6,000 companies, and 3,500 professional services organizations focused on clean technology in sectors ranging from energy generation to transportation to agriculture.
In addition to its network of investors, entrepreneurs, enterprises, and service providers, Cleantech Group also publishes research, data and industry news coverage; produces the Cleantech Forum series of international conferences which includes the Cleantech Forum San Francisco and Cleantech Europe which are two of the longest running industry events of their kind. Cleantech Group also presents the annual Global Cleantech 100 Awards, which encompasses nine categories of clean technology.
Cleantech Group is a subsidiary of Enovation Partners.
- Gotten, Valerie. "Calif. Gov. Schwarzenegger Celebrates California Receiving the Most Clean Tech Investment in No. America", California Newswire, July 12, 2010.
- Scott, Mark. "CleanTech Investment Takes a Hit April 1, 2009", Green Business - BusinessWeek, April 1, 2009.
- "Cleantech Group takes actively part in COPENMIND 2008", Copenmind, June 13, 2008.
- "Cleantech Forum San Francisco". Cleantech. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- "Cleantech Events". Cleantech. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- "Global Cleantech 100 Awards". Cleantech. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- "Cleantech Group Press Release". Cleantech. 2016-01-18. Retrieved 2017-11-09.