Clear Creek Township, Monroe County, Indiana
|Clear Creek Township|
A farmhouse in northern Clear Creek Township
|Motto: Busiest Little Township in Indiana|
Location in Monroe County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Trustee||Thelma Kelley Jeffries|
|• Total||37.9 sq mi (98 km2)|
|• Land||30.87 sq mi (80.0 km2)|
|• Water||7.03 sq mi (18.2 km2) 18.55%|
|Elevation||682 ft (208 m)|
|• Density||162/sq mi (63/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47401, 47403, 47436, 47462|
|GNIS feature ID||0453222|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.9 square miles (98 km2), of which 30.87 square miles (80.0 km2) (or 81.45%) is land and 7.03 square miles (18.2 km2) (or 18.55%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
Monroe County's Clear Creek Town is not located in Clear Creek Township, but rather in Perry Township, just north of Clear Creek Township's border. Both the town and the township are named after the same eponymous creek, which flows from the north to the south through both of them.
Clear Creek Township Trustee's Office (Township Government) operates three active cemeteries, which includes the marking and selling of plots, marking for headstones, meeting with family members and marking burial sites for their family member, all maintenance, mowing and trimming, filling in grave sites, removing funeral floral arrangements, leveling and sowing grass seed and straw, cleaning up after rain and/or wind storms which blow flowers off grave sites.
Clear Creek Township Trustee's Office (Township Government) has an additional 26 cemeteries in the township. Four cemeteries were moved due to the construction of Lake Monroe.
Deeds are recorded in office of the Recorder of Monroe County. Thelma Kelley Jeffries Trustee Clear Creek Township Monroe County, Indiana
Clear Creek Township contains 29 cemeteries:
- Chambers, D
- Chambers, W
- Clover Hill
- Deckard, M
- Deckard, J
- Knights of Pythia
- Mount Ebal
- Mount Salem
4 CEMETERIES RELOCATED TO THE POLK TOWNSHIP CEMETERY DUE TO THE CONSTRUCTION OF LAKE MONROE
BLAC -BLACKWELL/CHAMBERS/PRINCE Clear Creek - Section 13 > Large cemetery moved to Polk Twp. Cem. for Lake Monroe. Was located near Nancy Jane bridge.
GOOD -GOODMAN Clear Creek - Section 27 >Moved to Polk Twp. Cem. for Lake Monroe. Some maps refer to a cemetery in Clear Creek Section 27 on the very top of the east ridge of the Spillway cut out. We have also had some reports of tombstones on the west ridge but have been unable to locate any.
LIVI -LIVINGSTON/MITCHELL Clear Creek - Section 26 > Old Otto Mitchell farm,in the town of Fairfax, 3 graves moved to Polk Twp Cem. for Lake Monroe.
SCAR -SCARBAUGH/DAN FOX Clear Creek - Section 26 > Moved to Polk Twp Cem. for Lake Monroe.
Airports and landing strips
- Monroe County Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 9th congressional district
- State House District 60
- State Senate District 44
- "Clear Creek Township, Monroe County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles[permanent dead link]
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Clear Creek Township, Monroe County, Indiana.|
- Clear Creek Township Government page
- Clear Creek Township Cemeteries page
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Clear Creek Township
||Van Buren Township||Perry Township||Salt Creek Township|
|Indian Creek Township||Polk Township|
|Perry Township, Lawrence County||Marshall Township, Lawrence County||Pleasant Run Township, Lawrence County|