Clear Hearts Grey Flowers
|Clear Hearts Grey Flowers|
Original album artwork by Mark Ryden
|Studio album by Jack Off Jill|
|Released||July 17, 2000|
|Genre||Alternative rock, gothic rock|
|Jack Off Jill chronology|
Clear Hearts Grey Flowers is the second full-length and final album by the band Jack Off Jill. Produced by Chris Vrenna of Nine Inch Nails/Tweaker, it was released in July 2000 on the now-defunct label Risk Records. After Clear Hearts, Grey Flowers the band formally split up and moved on to establish other projects.
|1.||"When I Am Queen"||Jessicka/Moulder/Walsh||2:54|
|2.||"Fear of Dying"||Jessicka/Moulder/Walsh||2:44|
|5.||"Strawberry Gashes"||Jessicka/Moulder/Michelle Oliver/Walsh||3:43|
|12.||"Star No Star"||Jessicka/Moulder/SMP||4:21|
|13.||"Losing His Touch"||Jessicka/Moulder/Oliver/Walsh||2:57|
|14.||"Clear Hearts, Grey Flowers"||Jessicka/Moulder||3:15|
|66.||"Lovesong" (The Cure cover)||Robert Smith||3:34|
Tracks 15-65 are blank, 0:06 each.
The cover of Clear Hearts, Grey Flowers is a painting by Mark Ryden with the same name. The blonde girl in the album's cover art was speculated to be either:
- a representation of guitarist Helen Storer of the UK all-girl band Fluffy, who joined Jack Off Jill onstage once for their farewell performance at The Troubadour in Los Angeles in April 2000, On Jack Off Jill's website it said Helen was the blonde; or
- Michelle Inhell, the band's original guitarist, who temporarily rejoined Jack Off Jill and cowrote two songs on this album.
Singer Jessicka later revealed in a 2003 interview that she had sketched the concept for Mark Ryden and that the third girl was actually supposed to be a combination of both Inhell and Storer, who were both blonde at the time of the recording.
- Jessicka – vocals
- Agent Moulder – bass, piano
- Clint Walsh – guitar
- Norm Block – drums
- Chris Vrenna – producer, 'moral support'
- Mark Ryden – cover artwork
- Allmusic review
- "The OFFICIAL Jack Off Jill - Website :: Archive :: Store". Jackoffjill.com. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- Jessicka FAQ. April, 2003