Clear Water Bay
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
Clear Water Bay (Chinese: 清水灣; Jyutping: cing1 seoi2 waan1) is a bay on the eastern shore of Clear Water Bay Peninsula of Hong Kong, located within Clear Water Bay Country Park. There are two beaches at Clear Water Bay: "Clear Water Bay 1st beach" and "Clear Water Bay 2nd beach". The name is also used to describe the area around the bay on the peninsula.
Both beaches are protected by shark nets after the three fatal shark attacks in Hong Kong in 1995. During the summer, both beaches have life guards on duty. Changing rooms, lockers, shower facilities, toilets and rafts are available at both beaches. BBQ area can only be found on the 1st beach, but there is kiosk selling refreshment on the 2nd beach.
On 13 June 1995, 49 year old woman Wong Kui-Yong (王桂容) had her left forearm and left leg bitten off by a shark at Clear Water Bay 1st beach. She died of her injuries.
- Green Minibus 16 - Po Lam to Po Toi O
- Green Minibus 103 - Kwun Tong Ferry Pier to Clear Water Bay 2nd Beach
- Green Minibus 103M - Tseung Kwan O Station Public Transport Interchange to Clear Water Bay 2nd Beach
- Red Minibus - No Number, because only one type of bus for the red minibus trail or route. Ngau Chi Wan Minibus Terminus to Clear Water Bay 2nd Beach
Uncovered free parking is available at Clear Water Bay 2nd Beach. It is usually very crowded in the weekends during swimming seasons.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Clear Water Bay.|
- Leisure and Cultural Services Department: Beach info
- "探射燈：過去鯊魚出沒及攻擊泳客事件簿". Oriental Daily. 6 August 2011.
|This Hong Kong location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|