Heels sometimes contain novelties such as flashing lights, coloured liquid or even fish. Materials used to create the heel design include polycarbonate, PVC, lucite and acrylic resin. The transparency may be used deceptively with a ballerina style to give the appearance of standing on tiptoe or en pointe.
Popular brands include Pleaser and Luscious. In 2009, New York Magazine indicated that the style was "on trend" for the Spring 2010 shows, notably in Milan at Dsquared2, Prada, and Fendi. The association between clear heels and erotic performers and pornography has led to criticism of celebrities for wearing the trend in public. In an interview actress and singer Taylor Momsen noted she liked performing in a pair that had a slot for tips, "fans started putting money in them, so now they are filled with tons of bills".
- John Fuqua
- Taylor Momsen
- Helen Mirren
- Disco Stu
- Courtney Stodden
- Kim Kardashian
- Sowray, Bibby (12 July 2013). "Helen Mirren reveals red carpet secret weapon: stripper shoes". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- Walter E. Cohn (1969), "The Transparent Shoe", Modern footwear materials & processes: a topical guide to footwear technology, Fairchild Publications,
Transparent heels offer unusual styling opportunities.
- Vinylite Gives Class To Shoes, page 10, Tri City Herald, March 12, 1956.
- Ellen Shear, "Sexy Shoes For The Bedroom", The Insider
- "The Princess style reigns this year", Fort Wayne News Sentinel, Apr 16, 2004
- Noor-Jehan Yoro Badat (June 19, 2009), "Can you bear the trend for killer heels?", Independent Online
- Bambi Haggins, Laughing mad
- Bowles, Hamish (2009-09-25). "Milan Spring 2010: The Definitive Look at Prada". Vogue.com. Retrieved 2011-09-13.
- Amy Odell (June 28, 2010), "Taylor Momsen Wore Clear Heels With Room for Cash Tips", New York Fashion
- Clear Heels Storm the Milan Runways, New York Magazine.
- Stop This Trend: Lucite Stripper Heels à la Taylor Momsen, Beyoncé and Shauna Sand E Online Fashion Police.
- "Who Wore It???". Cocoperez.com. 2010-06-28. Retrieved 2011-09-13.
- "Taylor Momsen talks about her stripper shoes". Osoblog.tv. 2010-08-26. Retrieved 2011-09-13.
- View Comments (2010-07-06). "Guess Whose Pink Painted Piggies Are Peeking Out Platform Pumps!". Bossip.com. Retrieved 2011-09-13.
- "Fuqua relives 'Immaculate Reception'", The Detroit News, Jan 20, 2006,
John Frenchy Fuqua was a flamboyant personality in his day. He wore outrageous clothes, high-heeled shoes with goldfish in the clear heels
- "Prince, at peace, is still funky", The Sun, Aug 14, 2004,
...the star himself appeared in a stylish camel-colored jacket, white pants and white boots with high, clear heels.
- Watkins, Jade (27 March 2012). "Stacked on the sand! Bikini-clad Courtney Stodden wears her stripper heels to the beach as she shares a PDA-filled day with husband Doug". Daily Mail. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
|This shoe-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|