Clearfield High School
|Clearfield High School|
View of auditorium from the west
|931 S. 1000 E.
Clearfield, Utah 84015
|Type||Public, Senior High School|
Clearfield High School is a secondary school in Clearfield, Utah, United States. It is part of the Davis School District. The school's mascot is the peregrine falcon, and its colors are green and white. In 1960-61 students opened the doors of the new Clearfield High School, with the first class graduating in spring 1963. The current principal is Chris Keime.
Clearfield High School student government is led by the Student Body Officers. The individual classes are represented by individual officers. As the executive branch of the government, the SBOs are responsible for the success of all class officer activities, as well as the following:
- Entertainment at home football games (in cooperation with the Athletic Department as well as various clubs and organizations)
- Homecoming assembly and lunchtime activities, as well as their tailgate.
- "Falcons are Fabulous" charity fundraiser and the dance that takes place the Saturday before the fundraiser.
The senior class officers are responsible for all class activities, the graduation ceremony, and any class reunions. The senior class officers also coordinate and plan the Sadie Hawkins' dance/assembly and senior cotillion.
The junior class office is responsible for the Prom Assembly and dance, as well as the "Splat!" activity. The junior officers are also responsible for class participation in Spirit Day.
The sophomore class is responsible for the Preference (Valentine) Assembly and dance. The sophomores are also responsible for class participation in Spirit Day.
Clearfield High participates in many sports. It has teams that compete in baseball, basketball, cross-country, football, golf, soccer, softball, swimming, track, tennis, volleyball, and wrestling. It also has an ROTC program that has multiple teams of its own, including a military drill team, a marksmanship team, a cyber defense team, and a robotics team.
Clearfield High has many different departments in fine arts:
CHS Orchestra took first place in New York with Superior ratings (two Is and One I-) in April 2007.
There is also a literary magazine, Wings, where students can submit works (both written pieces and works of art) to be seen, read, and voted upon by staff members (who are also students) to be featured within the magazine. It is published once near the end of the school year.
- Andre Dyson - defensive back (NFL)
- Kevin Dyson - wide receiver (NFL)
- Ken Gardner - retired professional basketball player
- Dallon Weekes - musician, Panic! at the Disco, The Brobecks and I Don't Know How, But They Found Me
- "CLEARFIELD HIGH". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 23, 2017.