|Headquarters||Theale, Berkshire, UK|
Number of locations
|UK, USA, Germany, Japan, Australia|
|Products||SECURE Email Gateway, SECURE Web Gateway, SECURE File Gateway, SECURE ICAP Gateway, SECURE Exchange Gateway, Critical Information Protection Server & Agent, ARgon for Email|
|Services||Product support, Security consulting|
Number of employees
Clearswift is an information security company based in the UK. It provides cyber-security solutions to protect business's data from internal and external threats.
2001, NET-TEL was rebranded as Clearswift, after a round of venture capital fundraising.
Clearswift extended the MIMEsweeper line to include web and instant messaging filtering. These were marketed as protecting against the leakage of confidential company information on social networking sites - Clearswift argues that instead of banning Web 2.0 sites and services entirely, businesses can actually gain a competitive advantage by making use of them, provided their use is monitored.
2003, the company received $6.07 million from its shareholders, including venture capital funds managed by Amadeus Capital Partners, BA Capital Partners, Cazenove Private Equity, and Kennet Partners. Also, it was reported that Clearswift were the providers of a new email filtering system at the House of Commons, responsible for blocking Welsh language emails as "inappropriate content", and preventing MPs receiving copies of a Sexual Offences Bill. Clearswift would not confirm that the House of Commons was a customer, citing customer confidentiality reasons.
April 2005 Clearswift began to market an SMTP appliance (email gateway) based upon the technology.
January 2008, failure to renew a domain name caused loss of email services to 5% of Clearswift's customers.
Dec 2009, Clearswift sold the Deep-secure, Bastion and Flashpoint products in to a spin-off company, "Deep Secure".
November 2011, Clearswift was sold to Lyceum Capital.
February 2013, Clearswift acquired Microdasys in order to strengthen its web product line.
Research & Development
- Annual Report
- NET-TEL Computer Systems Ltd - News
- NET-TEL Computer Systems Ltd - Company - Profile
- The security of mutual support
- NET-TEL Computer Systems Ltd - Products - Messaging Clients
- FT.com / Services & tools / Search
- Lyceum continues IT sector interest
- Fortune favours bold Clearswift | Information Age
- Don't ban social networking sites
- BBC - Radio 4 - In Business
- Clearswift Secures $6.07 Million in Funding; Email Management Leader Moves Into Significant Stage of Growth
- Clearswift / News & Events
- Domain name gaffe
- Deep Secure
- Lyceum Acquires Clearswift
- Clearswift extends delivery Data Leak Prevention strategy
- Cybersecurity Ventures Top 500
- Clearswift strengthens commitment to safeguarding critical information
- "Clearswift (Contact Us)". Retrieved 2016-09-03.
- Clearswift Jedda Acquisition Press Release