|Headquarters||Boise, Idaho, United States|
|David Boren (CEO), Michael Boren (COO), Douglas Bates (CFO)|
Computer Software |
Number of employees
Clearwater Analytics is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) FinTech company that provides automated investment accounting, performance, compliance, and risk reporting for insurance companies, asset managers, corporations, banks, governments, and other institutions. Clearwater is a privately held company headquartered in Boise, Idaho, with an additional office in Edinburgh, U.K. Clearwater reports on over $2.2 trillion in investment assets and processes over 2.2 million transactions daily.
Clearwater was founded in 2004 by David Boren (CEO), Michael Boren (COO), and Douglas Bates (CFO). Prior to founding Clearwater, David, Michael and Douglas founded Clearwater Advisors, an institutional fixed-income investment advisor, where they developed the concept for Clearwater. Since then, Clearwater has become a leading investment accounting, reporting, and analytics software company in the United States and abroad.
In 2013, Clearwater sponsored Boise State University’s computer science program and its students. Clearwater was also a platinum sponsor of Boise Code Camp 2014, a free community education event focusing on prevailing tech topics. In 2013, Clearwater was named U.S. Captive’s Technology Firm of the Year, and Innovative Company of the Year in the 2012 Idaho Innovation Awards. Clearwater won the Idaho Private 75 award in 2014 and 2015.
Products and Services
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Clearwater solution automates investment accounting, monitors investment policy compliance, and analyzes portfolio performance and risk. To access Clearwater, users log on through a secure web portal to view their investment portfolio and daily reconciled data. Clients are supported by expert client service teams and dedicated account managers.
Clearwater Analytics reports on over $2.2 trillion in investment assets. Clients include insurance companies, investment managers, corporate treasuries, and other institutions across the globe. Notable clients include CNA, Cisco, Facebook, Oracle, Starbucks, Knights of Columbus Insurance, CopperPoint Mutual Insurance Company, C.V. Starr & Co., Wilton Re., and WellCare Health Plans.
The executive team at Clearwater Analytics is composed of David Boren, CEO; Michael Boren, founder and board member; Douglas Bates, founder and board member; James Price, CTO; and Scott Erickson, COO.  Both David and Douglas had extensive careers with Goldman Sachs before founding Clearwater.
The Clearwater Building
In December 2013, Clearwater announced their partnership with the Gardner Co. to help finance a new nine-story building in downtown Boise to double their current space to over 90,000 square feet. Construction of the Clearwater building was completed in September 2016.
The Clearwater building is part of the larger City Center Plaza, which features an underground public transportation hub, an expanded convention center, Boise State University’s computer science department, and the Clearwater headquarters.
- 2015 – Idaho Private 75
- 2014 – Idaho Private 75
- 2013 – Technology Firm of the Year, Captive Review
- 2012 – Innovative Company of the Year, Idaho Technology Council
- 2011 – Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Award (No. 167)
- 2010 – Business Finance Best of Breed Software Roundup
- 2010 – Alexander Hamilton Award, Solution of the Year (Finalist)
- 2009 – Business Finance Best of Breed Software Roundup
- 2008 – Deloitte Technology – Rising Star Award
- "About Us". Clearwater Analytics. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "Clearwater Analytics Expands to the United Kingdom". Insurance Networking News. 28 March 2013.
- "Tech firms kick in for computer science at Boise State University". Idaho Statesman. 13 September 2013.
- "Thank You to Keynetics Inc. and Clearwater Analytics". Boise State University. 16 September 2013.
- "Boise Code Camp". Boise Code Camp. 1 April 2014.
- "Clearwater Offering Directed at Reporting, Analytics". Property Casualty 360. 10 April 2009.
- "Clearwater Executive Team". Clearwater Analytics. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- "Clearwater Analytics partners with Gardner". Idaho Statesman. 8 December 2013. Archived from the original on 2014-06-11.
- "Idaho Private 75 Winners 2014". Idaho Statesman. 2 November 2014. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- "U.S. Captive Service Awards 2013: Winners". Captive Review. Retrieved 22 May 2014.