|Headquarters||Boise, Idaho, United States|
|David Boren (Founder and board member), Michael Boren (Founder and board member), Douglas Bates (Founder and board member), Sandeep Sahai (CEO and board member), James Price (CTO), Scott Erickson (COO), Jim Cox (CFO), Cindy Blendu (Chief Transformation Officer)|
|Products||Computer Software |
Number of employees
Clearwater Analytics is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) fintech company that provides automated investment accounting, performance, compliance, and risk reporting for insurance companies, asset managers, corporations, banks, governments, and other institutions. Clearwater is a privately held company headquartered in Boise, Idaho, with additional offices in London, England; Edinburgh, Scotland; New York City, USA and Noida, India. Clearwater reports on over $3.5 trillion in investment assets.
Clearwater was founded in 2004 by David Boren, Michael Boren, and Douglas Bates. Prior to founding Clearwater, David, Michael, and Douglas founded Clearwater Advisors, an institutional fixed-income investment advisor, where they developed the concept for Clearwater.
Products and services
The Clearwater solution is a web-based investment accounting and reporting solution providing automated portfolio book-of-record accounting, daily investment policy compliance monitoring, performance tracking, risk analytics, and a variety of buy-side tools for insurers, investment managers, corporations, and other institutional investors.
Clearwater Analytics reports on over $3.5 trillion in investment assets. Clients include insurance companies, investment managers, corporate treasuries, governments, and other institutions across the globe. Notable clients include Mutual of Omaha, Arch Capital Group, Wilton Re., J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Facebook, Cisco, and Oracle.
The executive team at Clearwater Analytics is composed of Sandeep Sahai, CEO and board member; Cindy Blendu, Chief Transformation Officer; Jim Cox, CFO; Scott Erickson, COO; and James Price, CTO.
The Clearwater Building
In December 2013, Clearwater Analytics announced its partnership with the Gardner Co. to help finance a new nine-story building in downtown Boise to double the company's current space to over 90,000 square feet. Construction of the Clearwater building was completed in September 2016.
The Clearwater building is part of the larger City Center Plaza, which features an underground public transportation hub, an expanded convention center, Boise State University's computer science department, and the Clearwater Analytics headquarters.
- 2012 – Innovative Company of the Year, Idaho Innovation Awards
- 2013 – Technology Firm of the Year, Captive Review
- 2014 – Idaho Private 75
- 2019 – Best Software Solution, UK & European Captive Review Awards
- 2019 – Technology Firm of the Year, Insurance Asset Management Awards
- "About Us". Clearwater Analytics. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "Clearwater Analytics Expands to the United Kingdom". Insurance Networking News. 28 March 2013.
- Venugopalan, Anjali (2019-08-08). "Fintech SaaS company, Clearwater Analytics, to open office in India". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2019-12-20.
- K.R.Srivats. "Clearwater Analytics to invest $25 million in India over next three years, says CEO Sandeep Sahai". @businessline. Retrieved 2019-12-20.
- Day, Don (July 25, 2018). "Boise's Clearwater Analytics to expand, adds new CEO". Boise Dev. Retrieved July 17, 2019.
- "Clearwater Wins Best Software Solution at UK & European Insurance Awards". Clearwater Analytics. Retrieved 2019-12-20.
- "Clearwater Wins Second Technology Award for 2019". Clearwater Analytics. Retrieved 2019-12-20.
- "Sandeep Sahai Joins Clearwater Analytics as Chief Executive Officer". Business Wire. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- "Company Overview of Clearwater Analytics, LLC". Bloomberg.
- "AIG to Partner with Clearwater Analytics on Investment Portfolio Data Management". Business Wire.
- "Clearwater Executive Team". Clearwater Analytics. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- "Sandeep Sahai Joins Clearwater Analytics as Chief Executive Officer". Business Wire. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "Clearwater Analytics partners with Gardner". Idaho Statesman. 8 December 2013. Archived from the original on 2014-06-11.
- "Winners Named in the 2012 Idaho Innovation Awards".
- "U.S. Captive Service Awards 2013: Winners". Captive Review. Archived from the original on 22 March 2014. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- "Idaho Private 75 Winners 2014". Idaho Statesman. 2 November 2014. Retrieved 2 November 2014.