Clearwater High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Clearwater High School|
|540 S Hercules Ave.
|Motto||Tradition, Honor and Pride|
|School district||Pinellas County Schools|
|Color(s)||Crimson and Gray|
|Website||Clearwater High School|
Clearwater High School is a four-year public high school located in Clearwater, Florida. It is a member of the Pinellas County School System. The school's athletic teams are known as the Tornadoes. Their colors are crimson and gray, which is also the name of their fight song. It is a host of various academic programs, also known as Academies, centering on different aspects of life beyond high school, as well as an optional University of Cambridge AICE Diploma program alongside them.
The school's motto is "Tradition, Honor and Pride."
- Sara Blakely (class of 1989), founder and owner of Spanx, American Inventor Judge in 2007, Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Winner in 2002.
- Jim Brady (class of 1982), Olympic silver medalist in sailing.
- Mike Brittain (class of 1981), former NBA center for the San Antonio Spurs.
- Stephen Calder (class of 1976), Olympic bronze medalist in sailing.
- Gene Chizik (class of 1980), former head football coach at Auburn University.
- Rich Fields (class of 1979), former The Price Is Right announcer.
- Jeremiah George (class of 2010), current NFL linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys.
- Howard Johnson (class of 1978), former MLB third baseman for the New York Mets.
- Hassan Jones (class of 1982), former NFL wide receiver for the Minnesota Vikings.
- Bruce Melnick (class of 1967), NASA astronaut.
- Scott Nicolas (class of 1978), former NFL linebacker for the Cleveland Browns.
- Joel Parker (class of 1970), former NFL wide receiver for the New Orleans Saints.
- Zach Railey (class of 2002), Olympic silver medalist in sailing.
- Jack Reilly (class of 1968), American artist.
- Nicole Stott (class of 1980), NASA astronaut.
- Aaron Suttles (class of 1995), 2011 Pulitzer Prize Winner for Breaking News.
- Keith Thurman (class of 2006), professional boxer, WBA welterweight champion.
- Jordan Wall (class of 2003), American television and film actor.
- Okaro White (class of 2010), NBA power forward for the Miami Heat.
- Aschoff, Susan (17 November 2000). "Spanx very much, Oprah". Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- John, Romano (9 January 2011). "Auburn Tigers coach Gene Chizik achieves thanks to the gifts of his father". Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved 10 June 2014.