Cleethorpes (UK Parliament constituency)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Cleethorpes in the former county of Humberside.
Location of the former county of Humberside within England.
|Electorate||70,895 (December 2010)|
|Member of parliament||Martin Vickers (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Brigg & Cleethorpes|
|European Parliament constituency||Yorkshire and the Humber|
In its current form, Cleethorpes is a bellwether seat having been won by the party that went on to become the largest in the House of Commons at each of the five elections contested so far (Labour in 1997, 2001 and 2005 and the Conservatives in 2010 and 2015). It is a large part-rural, part-urban seat on the coast in northern Lincolnshire. As well as the eponymous town itself, the constituency includes Barton-upon-Humber and Immingham, as well as many smaller settlements. It entirely surrounds the town of Grimsby, with the exception of the Grimsby shoreline on the River Humber.
1997-2010: The Borough of Cleethorpes, and the Borough of Glanford wards of Abbey, Barton-upon-Humber Bridge, Barton-upon-Humber Park, Goxhill, Humber, and Ulceby.
2010-present: The Borough of North East Lincolnshire wards of Croft Baker, Haverstoe, Humberston and New Waltham, Immingham, Sidney Sussex, Waltham, and Wolds, and the Borough of North Lincolnshire wards of Barton and Ferry.
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|Liberal Democrat||Roy Horobin||1,346||3.0||-15.2|
|Liberal Democrat||Malcolm Morland||8,192||18.2||+3.5|
|Conservative gain from Labour||Swing||+7.8|
Elections in the 2000s
|Liberal Democrat||Geoff Lowis||6,437||14.8||+2.8|
|Liberal Democrat||Gordon Smith||5,080||12.0||+0.6|
Elections in the 1990s
|Liberal Democrat||Keith Melton||5,746||11.4||N/A|
|Labour gain from Conservative||Swing|
Notes and references
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Archived from the original on 6 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "C" (part 4)[self-published source][better source needed]
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Cleethorpes". BBC News. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Cleethorpes". BBC News. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- "Election Data 2005". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Election Data 2001". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Election Data 1997". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.