Clement Township, Clinton County, Illinois
Location in Clinton County
Clinton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1873|
|• Total||25.86 sq mi (67.0 km2)|
|• Land||18.82 sq mi (48.7 km2)|
|• Water||7.04 sq mi (18.2 km2) 27.22%|
|Elevation||456 ft (139 m)|
|• Density||25.2/sq mi (9.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62231 62801|
|GNIS feature ID||0428820|
Clement Township is one of fifteen townships in Clinton County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 475 and it contained 201 housing units. Clement Township was formed from Carlyle Township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 25.86 square miles (67.0 km2), of which 18.82 square miles (48.7 km2) (or 72.78%) is land and 7.04 square miles (18.2 km2) (or 27.22%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these three cemeteries: Collins, Gerdes and Matsler.
- Carlyle Community Unit School District 1
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 107
- State Senate District 54
- "Clement Township, Clinton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Irishtown Township||East Fork Township|
|Carlyle Township||Meridian Township|
|Lake Township||Brookside Township|