This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Original author(s)||David Sansome, John Maguire|
|Developer(s)||Paweł Bara, Arnaud Bienner|
|Initial release||February, 2010|
|Stable release||1.3.1 (April 19, 2016)|
|Written in||C++ (Qt)|
|Operating system||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Size||Windows: 21 MB|
macOS: 31 MB
Unix-like: 6 MB
Clementine is a free and open-source audio player. It is a port of Amarok 1.4 to the Qt 4 framework and the GStreamer multimedia framework. It is available for Unix-like, Windows and macOS. Clementine is released under the terms of the GPL-3.0-or-later.
Clementine was created due to the transition from version 1.4 to version 2 of Amarok, and the shift of focus connected with it, which was criticized by many users. The first version of Clementine was released in February 2010.
Some of the features supported by Clementine are:
- Listening to Internet radio from Spotify, Grooveshark (now defunct), Jamendo (January 2014 catalog), Last.fm, Magnatune, RadioTunes (Formerly Sky.FM), SomaFM, Icecast, Digitally Imported, SoundCloud and Google Drive.
- Sidebar information panes with song lyrics, statistics, artist biographies and pictures.
- Tag editor, album cover and queue manager.
- Downloading cover art from Last.fm.
- Fetch missing tags from MusicBrainz.
- projectM audio visualization.
- Search and download podcasts.
- Creation of smart and dynamic playlists.
- Tabbed playlists, import and export as M3U, XSPF, PLS, ASX and Cue sheets.
- Transfer of music to some iPods (corruption of iPod problems exist as of build 1.1.1), iPhone, MTP or any USB mass-storage player.
- Transcoding music into MP3, Ogg (Vorbis, Speex, Opus), FLAC, AAC or WMA.
- Playback of Windows Media Files in macOS (which iTunes and many other players with advanced library functions cannot do).
- Remote control using an Android device, a Wii Remote, MPRIS or the command-line interface.
- Moodbar visualizations.
- Save statistics to file.
- David Sansome (2010-02-22), Clementine 0.1, KDE Mailing Lists, retrieved 2012-10-29
- "Clementine Music Player", Analysis Summary, Ohloh, retrieved 2012-09-13
- "Downloads", Clementine, clementine-player.org, retrieved 2016-07-27
- "License", Clementine, github.com, retrieved 2016-07-27
- Chris von Eitzen (2012-10-29), Clementine music player adds podcast support, The H, archived from the original on 8 December 2013, retrieved 2012-10-29
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Clementine (software).|