|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Image of Clementine running in Debian
|Original author(s)||David Sansome, John Maguire|
|Developer(s)||Paweł Bara, Arnaud Bienner|
|Initial release||February, 2010|
|Stable release||1.3.1 (April 19, 2016[±])|
|Written in||C++ (Qt)|
|Size||6 MB − Unix-like
21 MB − Windows
31 MB − Mac OS X
11 MB − source code
|License||GNU General Public License v3|
Clementine is a cross-platform free and open source music player and library organizer. It is a port of Amarok 1.4 to the Qt 4 framework and the GStreamer multimedia framework. It is available for Unix-like, Windows and Mac OS X. Clementine is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Clementine was created due to the transition from version 1.4 to version 2 of Amarok, and the shift of focus connected with it, which was criticized by many users. The first version of Clementine was released in February 2010.
Some of the features supported by Clementine are:
- Listening to internet radio from Spotify, Grooveshark (now defunct), Jamendo, Last.fm, Magnatune, SKY.fm, SomaFM, Icecast, Digitally Imported, Soundcloud and Google Drive and possibly Google Music in the future.
- Sidebar information panes with song lyrics, statistics, artist biographies and pictures.
- Tag editor, album cover and queue manager.
- Downloading cover art from Last.fm.
- Fetch missing tags from MusicBrainz.
- projectM audio visualization.
- Search and download podcasts.
- Creation of smart and dynamic playlists.
- Tabbed playlists, import and export as M3U, XSPF, PLS, ASX and Cue sheets.
- Transfer of music to some iPods (corruption of iPod problems exist as of build 1.1.1), iPhone, MTP or any USB mass-storage player.
- Transcoding music into MP3, Ogg (Vorbis, Speex, Opus), FLAC, AAC or WMA.
- Playback of Windows Media Files in Mac OS X (which iTunes and many other players with decent library functions cannot do).
- Remote control using an Android device, a Wii Remote, MPRIS or the command-line interface.
- Moodbar visualizations.
- David Sansome (2010-02-22), Clementine 0.1, KDE Mailing Lists, retrieved 2012-10-29
- "Clementine Music Player", Analysis Summary (Ohloh), retrieved 2012-09-13
- "Downloads", Clementine (clementine-player.org), retrieved 2016-07-27
- "License", Clementine (github.com), retrieved 2016-07-27
- Chris von Eitzen (2012-10-29), Clementine music player adds podcast support, The H, archived from the original on 8 December 2013, retrieved 2012-10-29
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Clementine (software).|