Cleo, Camping, Emmanuelle and Dick
|Cleo, Camping, Emmanuelle and Dick|
Promotion poster Lyttelton, Royal National Theatre, London, 19
|Written by||Terry Johnson|
|Date premiered||21 September 1998|
|Place premiered||Lyttelton, Royal National Theatre, London|
|Subject||Based on the life of Carry On star Sid James.|
The comedy also reveals that the filming of the Carry On series was a less than glamorous affair, characterised by leaking caravans, inadequate pay-cheques and argumentative co-stars.
Most of the play's action takes place on rain-soaked locations with a scantily-clad Barbara taking refuge in Sid's trailer while he and co-star Kenneth Williams carry on their notorious feud, which began when they starred together in the TV series Hancock's Half Hour.
- Sid James
- Barbara Windsor
- Kenneth Williams
- Imogen Hassall
- Sally (Sid's dresser)
- Eddie (A driver and bodyguard supposedly employed by Barbara's husband, Ronnie Knight)
The cast of the original National Theatre production were:
- Geoffrey Hutchings (Sid)
- Samantha Spiro (Barbara)
- Adam Godley (Kenneth)
- Gina Bellman (Imogen)
- Jacqueline Defferary (Sally)
- Kenneth MacDonald (Eddie)
- "The carry on behind the Carry On films". BBC News. 21 September 1998. Retrieved 30 April 2010.
- Richard Lee for PTAG (2009-09-26). "Peoples Theatre Arts Group | Cleo, Camping, Emanuelle and Dick | 22nd - 26th Sept 2009". Ptag.org.uk. Archived from the original on March 10, 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-22.
- Thomas, Rebecca (22 April 2000). "The Sid and Babs carry on". BBC News.
- Johnson, Terry (1998). Cleo, Camping, Emmanuelle and Dick. Methuen drama (First ed.). London: Methuen. ISBN 0-413-73500-1.
|This article on a play from the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|