Cleopatra Jones and the Casino of Gold
|Cleopatra Jones and the Casino of Gold|
Original film poster.
|Directed by||Charles Bail|
|Written by||William Tennant
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
|July 11, 1975|
Cleopatra Jones and the Casino of Gold is a 1975 American action-adventure blaxploitation movie starring Tamara Dobson as Cleopatra "Cleo" Jones, Stella Stevens and Norman Fell. This films is the sequel to the 1973 action film Cleopatra Jones.
The story begins with two government agents, Matthew Johnson and Melvin Johnson, being captured by the "Dragon Lady" (Stella Stevens). Cleopatra Jones then travels to Hong Kong to rescue the agents. Jones pairs up with Tanny (Ni Tien) and ends up in the Dragon Lady’s casino, which, in actuality, is the headquarters for her underground drug empire. Jones and Tanny use their combat skills to battle the Dragon Lady’s henchmen and rescues the agents.
- Tamara Dobson as Cleopatra Jones
- Stella Stevens as Dragon Lady
- Norman Fell as Stanley Nagel
- Albert Popwell as Matthew Johnson
- Caro Kenyatta as Melvin Johnson
Max Julien, author of the source story for, and a co-producer of, the film's predecessor, Cleopatra Jones, refused to participate in the production, and instead got token credit for the story and script having been "based on characters created by" him.
Eddy Donno, Leonard William Laybourne, Alan Gibbs, Frank Orsatti
The film was not as well received as its predecessor, Cleopatra Jones, due mainly to the decline in the popularity of the blaxploitation genre.
- "Tamara Dobson, 59; Former Model Starred in `Cleopatra Jones' Movies". The Los Angeles Times. 2006-10-06. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- Novotny Lawrence (2008). Blaxploitation Films of the 1970s. Routledge. ISBN 0-415-96097-5.
- "Cleopatra Jones and the Casino of Gold". Chicago Sun Times. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
|This 1970s crime film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a film with a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender theme is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|