Clermont Steel Fabricators
|Predecessor||Southern Ohio Fabricators|
|Founded||Batavia, Ohio, USA (June 2004 )|
Number of locations
Number of employees
Clermont Steel Fabricators (abbreviated as CSF) is a private steel products manufacturing company known for making Bolliger & Mabillard roller coasters. The plant is located in Batavia, Ohio. CSF was founded in 2004 after the closing of Southern Ohio Fabricators. As of 2013, Clermont has 65 employees.
In 1989, Walter Bolliger asked Ken Miller, the current general manager of Clermont and then at Southern Ohio Fabricators, if he would be interested in manufacturing roller coasters for Bolliger's company, Bolliger & Mabillard of Switzerland. As a result, Southern Ohio Fabricators manufactured its first roller coaster, Iron Wolf at the Six Flags Great America amusement park located in Gurnee, Illinois, United States. Southern Ohio Fabricators's main focus was manufacturing commercial and industrial buildings. In 2004, Southern Ohio Fabricators closed, and Ken Miller and a group of investors bought the company and renamed it to Clermont Steel Fabricators. They also made the decision to change the focus to manufacturing roller coasters.
The company manufactures other steel products, including turbine power bases and enclosures, heavy weldments, machine bases, structural steel, louvers and dampers, and industrial equipment.
Clermont Steel Fabricators is situated in Batavia across Old State Route 32 from the former Ford Batavia Transmission plant which closed in 2008. Clermont has 152,000 square feet (14,100 m2) of production inside its main building with 76,500 square feet (7,110 m2) of outdoor storage space surrounding the building.
- "Cedar Point: How they're building GateKeeper". WKYC. January 31, 2013. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Rolling Fast to Great Heights". Cincy. March 2006. Retrieved March 22, 2018.
- Guido, Anna (November 7, 2005). "Steel plant's business on fast track". Cincinnati Enquirer. Archived from the original on January 7, 2006. Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- "Scott & Carol Present: Getting On Track With B&M". NewsPlusNotes. December 11, 2008. Archived from the original on February 26, 2013. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Contact Clermont Steel Fabricators". Clermont Steel Fabricators. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Typical Clermont Steel Fabricators". Clermont Steel Fabricators. Retrieved March 22, 2018.
- Bowdeya, Tweh (August 1, 2013). "Clermont County nets $2M held from Ford site redevelopment". Clermont Sun. Archived from the original on November 28, 2011. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Clermont Steel Fabricators (Google Maps)". Google Maps. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Clermont Steel Fabricators Facilities". Clermont Steel Fabricators. Retrieved August 12, 2013.