Cleveland Township, Whitley County, Indiana
Location in Whitley County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||49.04 sq mi (127.0 km2)|
|• Land||49.04 sq mi (127.0 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||846 ft (258 m)|
|• Density||69.3/sq mi (26.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||453226|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 49.04 square miles (127.0 km2), all land. The Eel River flows westward through the township. The streams of Clear Creek, Spring Creek, Sugar Creek and Sycamore Creek run through this township. Lakes in this township include T Lake.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Richland Township (north)
- Columbia Township (northeast)
- Washington Township (east)
- Clear Creek Township, Huntington County (southeast)
- Warren Township, Huntington County (south)
- Chester Township, Wabash County (southwest)
- Jackson Township, Kosciusko County (west)
- Monroe Township, Kosciusko County (northwest)
The township contains one cemetery, Cleveland.
Airports and landing strips
- Mishler Landing Strip
Cleveland Township residents may obtain a free library card from the South Whitley Community Public Library.
- "Cleveland Township, Whitley County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "Circulation Policy". South Whitley Community Public Library. Retrieved 17 March 2018.