|Formerly||Nan Tan Computer (1983–1997)|
|Type||Public (TWSE: 2362)|
Clevo (Chinese: 藍天電腦; pinyin: Lántiān diànnǎo; lit. 'Blue Sky Computers') is a Taiwanese OEM/ODM computer manufacturer which produces laptop computers exclusively. They sell barebone laptops chassis (barebooks) to value-added resellers who build customized laptops for individual customers.
Clevo was founded in 1983 as Nan Tan Computer (NTC). In 1987, the company established its laptop computer business, with production starting in 1990. In 1992, NTC set up Clevo, a U.S. subsidiary which would distribute its laptops in the country. NTC later adopted the Clevo name for itself and first listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange in 1997. In 1999, Clevo merged with their subsidiary, Kapok, to increase efficiency. In August 2002, Clevo had built a new factory in Kunshan, China.
Clevo has been ranked as fourth among Taiwanese exporters, marketing its products in over 50 countries. The company has also founded several service centers in Canada, Germany, Great Britain, China, Taiwan, South Korea and the United States. These centers serve various businesses, ranging in size from small to multinational, with a variety of product selections in either small or large quantities. Clevo focuses its business on designing, developing, manufacturing, and distributing electronic equipment and laptops.
One distinctive feature that Clevo PCs adopt is the use of MXM upgradable video cards and replaceable desktop CPUs in some of its laptops.
Clevo does not sell directly to end users. Their products are all sold to their customers (resellers, distributors, computer builders), who then own-brand and/or configure them based on end user preferences.
Companies that use Clevo include:
|Axioo||Indonesia||Axioo Cyberbook uses CLEVO NV41PZ as a base.|
|Ekimia||France||Among others : Pulsar , Polar , Neutron , Unifit , Drift models|
|MSI (Micro-Star International)||Taiwan|
|Neo||Philippines||Site went down May 2018. Support option is still offered by Eternal Asia, Inc. Former office was taken over by Biostar Philippines|
|SKIKK ||The Netherlands|
|Terrans Force||Chinese Mainland|
|why! open computing||Switzerland|
|Groupe LDLC||France||Marketed as 'LDLC laptops'.|
|Laptop With Linux||The Netherlands|
- "CLEVO - Overview".
- "Clevo European Seller". Clevo European Seller.
- "BTO laptops | VMlaptop.nl". VMlaptop.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- "What is a barebone laptop - Laptops without hardware | Laptopwithlinux". Laptop with Linux. Retrieved 2022-02-16.
- "Sager/Clevo: Where to buy? [STICKY] • r/SuggestALaptop". reddit. Retrieved 2017-04-20.
- "Clevo, MSI, and Compal Barebones". www.notebookcheck.net. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Class 9". Official Gazette of the United States Patent and Trademark Office. United States Patent and Trademark Office. 1158 (4): TM-258. January 25, 1994 – via the Internet Archive.
- 中国电脑厂商名录 [Directory of Chinese Computer Manufacturers]. IDG Books. 1994. p. 701 – via Google Books.
- "CLEVO - Milestone".
- "Notice of Apparent Liability". FCC Record. Federal Communications Commission. 9 (4): TM-258. July 8, 1994 – via the Internet Archive.
- "Clevo Notebook Computer". R&J Technology. Retrieved 15 September 2013.