|Traded as||privately held|
|Industry||Business software, Field Service Management, Workforce Management|
|Headquarters||Burlington, Massachusetts, United States|
|Mark Cattini - CEO
Elmer Lai - CFO
|Services||Workforce management, Field service management|
|Revenue||US$ 126.2 million (2014)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references
ClickSoftware Technologies is a privately held company, headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts that offers automated mobile workforce management and service optimization solutions for enterprise and small businesses, both for mobile and in-house resources. They have over 650 employees in offices in North America, EMEA, and APAC.
ClickSoftware was founded in 1979 by Moshe BenBassat and headquartered in Givat Shmuel, Israel. The company's name had earlier been ClickService Software, and IET–Intelligent Electronics before that. BenBassat has held faculty positions at the University of Southern California, at Tel Aviv University and at UCLA. In an interview with The Wall Street Transcript, BenBassat explained that the company developed from what had originally been his own consulting practice.
On Oct 21, 2002, ClickSoftware announced to restate financial statements for 2000 and 2001, as well as the first six months of 2002, following a review of the statements by the company's audit committee.
Shares of ClickSoftware began trading on the NASDAQ in 2000, at the height of the dot-com bubble. In 2003 ClickSoftware was chosen to optimize the scheduling and street-level routing of Deutsche Telekom's T-Com division's field service engineers. At the Summer Olympics in China in 2008 ClickSoftware was responsible for coordinating the activities of hundreds of telecommunications technicians.
In 2013 ClickSoftware successfully integrated its software with the native salesforce1 platform making its products available on the salesforce app exchange.
In 2014, ClickSoftware acquired Xora Inc., a cloud-based mobile workforce management company.
On April 30, 2015, ClickSoftware announced signing a definitive agreement to be acquired by private funds managed by Francisco Partners Management L.P., a technology-focused private equity firm, in an all-cash transaction valued at approximately $438 million. With the completion of the transaction, on July 13, 2015, ClickSoftware became a privately held company, and its ordinary shares ceased to trade on the NASDAQ Global Select Market. The Company continues to operate under the same brand as ClickSoftware Technologies Ltd. With the conclusion of the deal, Dr. Moshe BenBassat, ClickSoftware's Founder and CEO, retired from the CEO role, though remained a board member of ClickSoftware and also serves as an active advisor in further advancing its strategic goals and growth objectives. Paul Ilse, an Operating Partner with Francisco Partners, has initially been named as Chief Executive Officer of ClickSoftware. On October 1, 2015 Tom Heiser was appointed CEO, replacing Paul Ilse.
Street level routing is used in ClickSoftware and gives service organizations "eyes" on how to best direct field technicians from job to job taking into consideration the exact mapping of the road.
In 2017, ClickSoftware announced the signing of a global reseller agreement with SAP enabling the reselling of the ClickSoftware Field Service Edge solution as the SAP Scheduling and Resource management application by ClickSoftware.
In 2018, former Autotask CEO Mark Cattini joined ClickSoftware as CEO, followed by previous Autotask co-workers Elmer Lai who joined ClickSoftware as CFO and Patrick Burns who joined as Senior Vice President of Product Management.
|Manchitra Services||2009||$2.65 million||
|AiPoint Assets||2009||$1.5 million||
|Xora Inc.||2013||$15 million||
Acquisition of Xora
On March 5, 2014 it was announced that ClickSoftware would acquire Xora Inc., based in Mountain View, California, which provides software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for companies whose success depends on the productivity and efficiency of ‘always mobile’ workers. The acquisition was for approximately $15 million, including all working capital and net cash adjustments.
ClickSoftware has a large partnership ecosystem with resellers, system integrators and OEM such as IBM, SAP, Salesforce.com, Accenture, Capgemini, Infosys, EPI-USE, Atos, Infor, Diabsolut and more. StreetSmart products are sold through carrier partners such as Verizon, AT&T and Sprint Corporation.
- Decision support system
- Service chain optimization
- Field service management
- Enterprise resource planning
- Enterprise mobility management
- Customer relationship management
- "CKSW Income Statement". Yahoo! Finance. 2011. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- "Contact Us | ClickSoftware". ClickSoftware. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "ClickSoftware". Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- Service Chain Optimization For Dummies. John Wiley & Sons Ltd. 2010. ISBN 978-0-470-68855-7.
- ClickSoftware wins Olympics contract, Globes
- "IET-Intelligent Electronics Changes Name to ClickService Software, Inc.; Company To Offer On-Line Tools for Improving Scheduling, Product Delivery, and Service". FindArticles. Dallas. Business Wire. 25 January 2000. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- Fried, Hadar (22 June 2000). "ClickSoftware to Raise $45 Mln on NASDAQ Tonight". Globes Israel Business Arena. Genesis Partners. Archived from the original on 30 March 2012. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- Chapin, Khristen (May 2007). Hess, Ed, ed. "Field Service Evolution". Field Technologies. Jameson Publishing. Retrieved 25 October 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "Dr. Moshe BenBassat, PhD". The Wall Street Transcript. 16 October 2000. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- "ClickSoftware to Restate Financial Statements for 2000 and 2001 and for the First Six Months of 2002".
- Zelik, Nir (21 October 2009). "קליקסופטוור עקפה את התחזיות ברבעון השלישי ורשמה עלייה של 6% בהכנסות ל-16.6 מיליון דולר" [ClickSoftware exceeded expectations in Q3 and reported a 6% increase in revenue to $16.6 million]. TheMarker (in Hebrew). Retrieved 24 October 2011.
קליקסופטוור הונפקה בשנת 2000 בנאסד"ק (שיא הבועה) לפי מחיר של 7 דולר למניה, וגייסה 28 מיליון דולר.
- "ClickSoftware wins multi-million dollar deal from Deutsche Telekom unit". Globes. 5 August 2003. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- "ClickSoftware wins Olympics contract". Globes. 4 February 2008. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- Neve Gordon (2011). "Israel's emergence as a homeland security capital". In Zureik, Elia; Lyon, David; Abu-Laban, Yasmeen. Surveillance and Control in Israel/Palestine. Oxon, England: Routledge. p. 153. ISBN 978-0-415-58861-4. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- "ClickSoftware Technologies". ClickSoftware Technologies. Archived from the original on 27 April 2015. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "ClickSoftware Technologies". ClickSoftware Technologies. Archived from the original on 27 April 2015. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "www.bizjournals.com/boston/blog/techflash/2015/05/burlington-software-company-to-be-acquired-for.html". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- Whiteman, Lou (2015-04-30). "ClickSoftware Technologies To Go Private in $438 Million Deal". TheStreet. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "ClickSoftware to Be Bought by Francisco Partners for $438 Million". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- "ClickSoftware Announces Appointment of New CEO".
- "Directions Magazine". Directions Magazine. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "ClickSoftware Announces Global Reseller Agreement with SAP". ClickSoftware. Retrieved 2018-06-14.
- "Former Autotask CEO Mark Cattini Leads ClickSoftware - ChannelE2E". ChannelE2E. 2018-02-01. Retrieved 2018-06-14.
- "Management Team | ClickSoftware". ClickSoftware. Retrieved 2018-06-14.
- "ClickSoftware Announces Closure of Manchitra Services Acquisition". iMiners. Burlington, Massachusetts. Comtex. 21 April 2009. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- "ClickSoftware Announces Closure of AST Assets Acquisition". PR Newswire. Burlington, Massachusetts. 5 August 2009. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- "ClickSoftware Announces Closing of AiPoint Assets Acquisition". PR Newswire. Burlington, Massachusetts. 16 November 2009. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- "ClickSoftware Completes Acquisition of Xora Inc". Burlington, Massachusetts. 5 March 2014. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- "ClickSoftware Partner Directory". ClickSoftware. Archived from the original on 20 January 2013. Retrieved 5 February 2013.