|Created by||Andrew Bourland and Ann Handley|
ClickZ is an online publication that provides news, how-to articles, commentary, and stats for digital marketing and online advertising professionals. It covers social media marketing, e-mail marketing, Web analytics, content marketing, digital video advertising, mobile marketing, and media planning and buying, and is considered a resource for online advertising practitioners.
Andrew Bourland and Ann Handley co-founded the site in 1997 to serve the then-nascent online marketing community with advice and commentary on e-mail, affiliate, and brand marketing. In 2000, they sold ClickZ to internet.com for $16 million in cash and stock. Internet.com then integrated it into its e-commerce/marketing channel, which included properties like Ad Resource, ChannelSeven.com, and Internet Advertising Report.
In 2005, internet.com—by then known as Jupitermedia—sold ClickZ, Search Engine Watch, and the Search Engine Strategies conference series to Incisive Media for $43 million. In 2015, Incisive Media sold the three properties to Blenheim Chalcot.
ClickZ is currently run by Contentive Media, which is backed by the Blenheim Chalcot group. The current editor of ClickZ is Kimberly Collins, who also edits ClickZ's sister website Search Engine Watch.
2008 Jesse H. Neal Award finalist, "Best Online Article or Series," for "Campaign '08" series by Senior Editor Kate Kaye
- Boston Public Library: "Advertising Resources on the Internet" Archived 2009-10-01 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved May 30, 2009.
- "ClickZ Q&A: Andrew Bourland, Publisher, ClickZ" ClickZ.com, Jan. 9, 1998.Retrieved May 30, 2009.
- Dinger, E.: "Jupitermedia Corporation" International Directory of Company Histories, 2004, Retrieved on 2009-05-30
- Rafat, Ali: "Jupitermedia Sells ClickZ, SES Show; Will Focus on Images" PaidContent, August 2, 2005
- "Incisive Media's ClickZ, SES & Search Engine Watch Acquired By Blenheim Chalcot". Marketing Land. Retrieved May 6, 2015.
- "About Us". ClickZ.
- American Society of Business Publication Editors, 30th Annual National Honors and Azbee Awards of Excellence "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-09-20. Retrieved 2009-05-31. 2008, p. 16
- Incisive Media (Feb. 3, 2009) "Incisive Media's ClickZ, Legal Times, Texas Lawyer and The American Lawyer Named as Finalists in Neal Journalism Award Competition" Press release. Retrieved May 30, 2009.