|Created by||Andrew Bourland and Ann Handley|
ClickZ is an online publication that provides news, how-to articles, commentary, and stats for digital marketing and online advertising professionals. It covers social media marketing, e-mail marketing, Web analytics, search engine marketing, digital video advertising, mobile marketing, and media planning and buying, and is considered a resource for online advertising practitioners.
Andrew Bourland and Ann Handley co-founded the site in 1997 to serve the then-nascent online marketing community with advice and commentary on e-mail, affiliate, and brand marketing. In 2000, they sold ClickZ to internet.com for $16 million in cash and stock. Internet.com then integrated it into its e-commerce/marketing channel, which included properties like Ad Resource, ChannelSeven.com, and Internet Advertising Report.
In 2005, internet.com—by then known as Jupitermedia—sold ClickZ, Search Engine Watch, and the Search Engine Strategies conference series to Incisive Media for $43 million. In 2015, Incisive Media sold the three properties to Blenheim Chalcot.
ClickZ is currently run by Contentive Media, which is backed by the Blenheim Chalcot group. Its CEO is Charlie Salter and Graham Charlton is the Editor-in-Chief. Other members of its editorial team include Editor Melanie White and Search Engine Watch Editor Christopher Ratcliff.
ClickZ Group incorporates the ClickZ & Search Engine Watch brands as well as the event series SEW Connect and ClickZLive.
Its how-to articles and commentary, written by a team of 40 digital marketing practitioners, appear as Experts columns.
- Boston Public Library: "Advertising Resources on the Internet" Retrieved on 2009-05-30
- "ClickZ Q&A: Andrew Bourland, Publisher, ClickZ" ClickZ.com, Jan. 9, 1998. Retrieved on 2009-05-30
- Dinger, E.: "Jupitermedia Corporation" International Directory of Company Histories, 2004, Retrieved on 2009-05-30
- Rafat, Ali: "Jupitermedia Sells ClickZ, SES Show; Will Focus on Images" PaidContent, August 2, 2005
- "Incisive Media's ClickZ, SES & Search Engine Watch Acquired By Blenheim Chalcot". Marketing Land. Retrieved 2015-05-06.
- American Society of Business Publication Editors, 30th Annual National Honors and Azbee Awards of Excellence  2008, p. 16
- Incisive Media (Feb. 3, 2009) "Incisive Media's ClickZ, Legal Times, Texas Lawyer and The American Lawyer Named as Finalists in Neal Journalism Award Competition" Press release. Retrieved on 2009-05-30