|Died||October 30, 1963 (aged 45)|
|Alma mater||Iowa State College|
|Known for||Atanasoff–Berry computer|
|Doctoral advisor||John Vincent Atanasoff|
Clifford Berry was born April 19, 1918, in Gladbrook, Iowa, to Fred and Grace Berry. His father owned an appliance repair shop, where he was able to learn about radios. He graduated from Marengo High School in Marengo, Iowa, in 1934 as the class valedictorian at age 16. He went on to study at Iowa State College (now known as Iowa State University), eventually earning a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering in 1939 and followed by his master's degree in physics in 1941.
In 1942, he married an ISU classmate and Atanasoff's secretary, Martha Jean Reed.
By 1948, he earned his PhD in physics from Iowa State University.
- 1942 and 1962 photos of Berry, Ames Laboratory Archive, Iowa State
- Atanasoff-Berry Computer Archive, Computer Science Dept., Iowa State
- June 7, 1972 interview with Atanasoff on Berry, Smithsonian National Museum of American History
- A. R. Mackintosh, “Dr. Atanasoff’s Computer”, Scientific American, August 1988 (Archived 2009-10-31)
- "ABC - Atanasoff-Berry Computer", I Programmer