Sir Clifford Husbands
GCMG KStJ KA QC
|Governor-General of Barbados|
1 June 1996 – 31 October 2011
|Prime Minister||Owen Arthur
|Preceded by||Denys Williams (Acting)|
|Succeeded by||Elliott Belgrave|
5 August 1926 |
Morgan Lewis, Barbados
|Spouse(s)||Ruby Parris (deceased)|
Sir Clifford Straughn Husbands GCMG KStJ KA QC (born 5 August 1926), was the Governor-General of Barbados. He held this office from 1996, when he was appointed after the death of Dame Nita Barrow, until he retired on 31 October 2011. He was predeceased by his wife, Lady Ruby Husbands (née Parris).
- "No. 54419". The London Gazette. 7 June 1996. p. 1.
- "No. 57263". The London Gazette. 19 April 2004. p. 1.
- Profiles of People in Power: The World's Government Leaders
- Sir Clifford resigns Barbados Nation Online, 30 October 2011
- Governor General retiring Archived 2012-05-12 at the Wayback Machine. Barbados Advocate Online, 30 October 2011
- GG retires, BarbadosToday.bb, 30 October 2011; accessed 28 March 2016.
- GG’s last day Barbados Nation Online, 31 October 2011
- Official Funeral For Lady Ruby Husbands, gisbarbados.gov.bb, 7 July 2009.
|Governor General of Barbados
|This article about a Barbadian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|