Clifford Lely Mollison
30 March 1897
|Died||4 June 1986 (aged 89)|
|Spouse(s)||Muriel Agnes Pope |
(m. 1923; ? - 19??)
(m. 1952; ? - 19??)
|Relatives||Henry Mollison (brother)|
Clifford Lely Mollison (30 March 1897 – 4 June 1986) was a British stage, film and television actor. He made his stage debut in 1913. He was married to the actress Avril Wheatley. His younger brother was the actor Henry Mollison.
Mollison acted in the West End on a number of occasions. In 1921 he appeared at the Strand Theatre in Ian Hay's A Safety Match. In 1923 he was in Charles McEvoy's The Likes of Her. In 1925 he starred in the play The River by Patrick Hastings. In 1953 he appeared in Peter Ustinov's The Love of Four Colonels.
|1930||Almost a Honeymoon||Basil Dibley|
|1932||The Lucky Number||Percy Gibbs|
|1933||Meet My Sister||Lord Victor Wilby|
|A Southern Maid||Jack Rawden / Willoughby|
|1934||The Luck of a Sailor||Shorty|
|Freedom of the Seas||Smith|
|Give Her a Ring||Paul Hendrick|
|Radio Parade of 1935||Jimmie Clare|
|Mister Cinders||Jim Lancaster|
|1939||Blind Folly||George Bunyard|
|1956||The Baby and the Battleship||Salis|
|1961||Mary Had a Little...||Watkins|
|1963||The V.I.P.s||Mr. River, the Hotel Manager||Uncredited|
|1969||Oh! What a Lovely War||Heckler at Pankhurst Speech|
|1972||That's Your Funeral||Witherspoon|
|1973||Love Thy Neighbour||Registrar|
|1974||Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell||Judge|
|1980||Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson||Carstairs||Episode: The Case of the Final Curtain|
- "Clifford Mollison | Theatricalia". theatricalia.com.
- "Clifford Mollison". BFI.
- McFarlane, Brian (2016). The Encyclopedia of British Film: Fourth edition. Manchester University Press. p. 526. ISBN 978-1-5261-1197-5.
- "Clifford Mollison His Actress Wife Avril Wheatley Editorial Stock Photo - Stock Image | Shutterstock". Shutterstock Editorial.
- "Theatre collections: record view - Special Collections & Archives - University of Kent". www.kent.ac.uk.