||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
24 October 1929 |
Hamnish Clifford, Herefordshire, England
|Spouse(s)||Celia Ryder (1957-2012; her death)|
Clifford Rose (born 24 October 1929) is an English classical actor.
Life and career
His best known role was as the character Sturmbannführer Ludwig Kessler in the BBC World War II television drama Secret Army (1977-9) and its sequel Kessler (1981). He later played SS General Heinz Kammler in the miniseries War and Remembrance (1988).
Rose also played a judge in some episodes of the 1970s/'80s British television series Crown Court and Dr Snell, an interrogative psychologist for "The Section" in the British 1960s/'70s spy drama Callan. He had a small part in an episode of Inspector Morse, "The Ghost in the Machine" (1989), as a college professor, Dr Charles Hudson.
In October 2010, Rose played the part of Father Gregory in the ITV crime drama Midsomer Murders, in the episode "Master Class". In March 2011, Rose played the part of The Judge in Enid Bagnold's The Chalk Garden on BBC Radio 3.
He is an RSC Honorary Associate Artist. Winner of the Clarence Derwent Award 2009 for his performance in The Chalk Garden at the Donmar.
- Marat/Sade (1967) - Monsieur Coulmier
- Tell Me Lies (1968) - Guest
- Work Is a 4-Letter Word (1968) - Registry Office Clerk
- Callan (1974) - Dr. Snell
- The Good Father (1985) - Judge
- Terry on the Fence (1985) - Magistrate
- The Girl (1987) - General Carlsson
- Lover's Prayer (2001) - Dimitry
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011) - Bailiff
- The Iron Lady (2011) - James R
|This article about a British television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|