Climax (2018 film)
|Directed by||Gaspar Noé|
|Written by||Gaspar Noé|
French dancers gather in a remote, empty school building to rehearse on a wintry night. The all-night celebration morphs into a hallucinatory nightmare when they learn their sangria is laced with LSD.
- Sofia Boutella as Selva
- Romain Guillermic as David
- Souheila Yacoub as Lou
- Kiddy Smile as Daddy
- Claude Gajan Maull as Emmanuelle
- Giselle Palmer as Gazelle
- Taylor Kastle as Taylor
- Thea Carla Schott as Psyche
- Sharleen Temple as Ivana
- Lea Vlamos as Lea
- Alaia Alsafir as Alaya
- Kendall Mugler as Rocket
- Lakdhar Dridi as Riley
- Adrien Sissoko as Omar
- Mamadou Bathily as Bats
- Alou Sidibe as Alou
- Ashley Biscette as Ashley
- Vince Galliot Cumant as Tito
- Sarah Belala as Jennifer
The film screened in the Directors' Fortnight section at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival where it won the Art Cinema Award. Afterwards, the film was acquired for release in the United States by A24. The film will be released in the United States on March 1, 2019 by A24.
On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 87%, based on 56 reviews, and an average rating of 7.6/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "Challenging and rewarding in equal measure, Climax captures writer-director Gaspar Noé working near his technically brilliant and visually distinctive peak." On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 83 out of 100 based on 18 critics, indicating "universal acclaim".
- "Climax". British Board of Film Classification. 14 August 2018. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- "Climax". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Retrieved 22 November 2018.
- "Climax (2018)". The Numbers. Retrieved 22 November 2018.
- Squires, John (10 December 2018). "A24 Dates Gaspar Noé's 'Climax' for Early 2019 Release". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved 16 December 2018.
- Goodfellow, Melanie (17 April 2018). "Cannes: Directors' Fortnight unveils 2018 line-up". Screen Daily. Screen International. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- Keslassy, Elsa (17 April 2018). "Cannes: Directors' Fortnight Lineup Boasts Colombia's 'Birds of Passage,' Nicolas Cage in 'Mandy'". Variety. Penske Business Media. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- Hopewell, John (4 June 2018). "Cannes: Gaspar Noe's 'Climax' Wins Directors' Fortnight Top Prize". Variety. Retrieved 19 May 2018.
- Fleming, Mike Jr. (14 May 2018). "A24 Acquires Gaspar Noe's Provocative Cannes Film 'Climax'". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Business Media. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- "Climax (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango. Retrieved 13 November 2018.
- "Climax Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 21 October 2018.
|This article related to a French film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 2010s horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|