|Division of holding company|
|Headquarters||New York City|
|Parent||Estée Lauder Companies|
Clinique Laboratories, LLC (//) is an American manufacturer of skincare, cosmetics, toiletries and fragrances, usually sold in high-end department stores. It is a subsidiary of the Estée Lauder Companies. As of 2019, Clinique has over 22,000 customer consultants worldwide.
In 1967, American Vogue magazine published an article called “Can Great Skin Be Created?”, written by beauty editor Carol Phillips with Norman Orentreich, discussing the significance of a skin-care routine. Evelyn Lauder, daughter-in-law of Estée Lauder, read the article and brought it to Estée’s attention. Both Carol Phillips and Orentreich were recruited to help create the brand, and in April 1968, Clinique premiered as the world’s first allergy tested, dermatologist-driven line at Saks Fifth Avenue in the New York, USA launched with 117 products.
Evelyn Lauder, an executive at Estée Lauder and member of the Lauder family, created the Clinique brand name and developed its line of products. Lauder worked as the training director for Clinique. She was the first person to wear the trademark white lab coat, now worn by Clinique Consultants worldwide.
Clinique was the third brand that was "born" from the Lauder Group after Estée Lauder and Aramis.
In 2008, Clinique announced a partnership with Allergan, the maker of Botox and former cosmeceutical partner of Elizabeth Arden, with the result being a new line called Clinique Medical. The line is only available in physician's offices. The 5-product set is designed for pre- and post-operation skin care, and targets complications such as redness, tightness, burning, irritation, discoloration, among others that "slow the healing process."
In 2019, Clinique was "awarded Best Ecommerce Experience at the inaugural Glossy Awards Europe."
- "Clinique and Qubit Awarded Win for Best Ecommerce Experience in Beauty at Glossy Awards Europe". MarTech Series. 2019-08-09. Retrieved 2020-09-25.
- "Can Great Skin be Created? | Vogue | AUGUST 15, 1967". Vogue | The Complete Archive. Retrieved 2020-09-25.
- "Everything You Need To Know About Clinique". www.allbeauty.com. Retrieved 2020-09-25.
- Rita Silvan (2005-03-10). "Clinique, c'est chic". Elle Canada. Retrieved 2015-07-17.
- Loda, Ruggero. "Can Great Skin Can Be Created? - A Brief History on Clinique". Orchids and Peonies. Retrieved 2020-09-25.
- Dargan, Michelle (2011-11-13). "Service to be Monday for Evelyn Lauder, beauty exec and pink ribbon co-creator". Palm Beach Daily News. Archived from the original on 2012-05-13. Retrieved 2011-11-13.
-  Archived May 31, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
-  Archived September 3, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- "Meet Emilia Clarke". Retrieved January 30, 2020.
Media related to Clinique Laboratories, LLC at Wikimedia Commons