November 21, 1986 |
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14.6 st)|
|Reach||78.0 in (198 cm)|
|Style||Boxing, Muay Thai|
|Fighting out of||Boca Raton, Florida, USA|
|Rank||Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Ranieri Paiva|
|Professional boxing record|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Boxing record from BoxRec|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Clint Hester (born November 21, 1986) is an American mixed martial artist who used to compete as a Light Heavyweight for the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He was a contestant on The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs. Team Sonnen.
Hester is from Atlanta, Georgia. He often got into fights growing up, but was not an instigator rather defended several of his friends. Hester, who played football, had planned to play college football but decided to take a different path when he was not offered a scholarship.
Hester thought of joining the military after high school, but ultimately chose to start training in boxing and was coached by Willie D'Antignac, amassing an amateur record of 13-3. Hester turned professional in 2007 and lost his first bout by first round knockout. Hester fought six more times until his final fight in 2013. When Hester's boxing gym closed down he searched for another gym to train at before finding X3 Sports MMA. Hester decided to make the switch to MMA.
Mixed martial arts career
Hester started his professional MMA career out at 2-0 before being offered a spot in an upcoming local Grand Prix. Hester won his opening round matchup via knockout. He lost in the next round of the tournament to future Bellator Fighting Championships welterweight title contender, Douglas Lima, via unanimous decision.
The Ultimate Fighter
In January 2013, it was announced that Hester was selected for The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs. Team Sonnen. Hester defeated Fraser Opie by decision to earn his way into the house. He was then selected as Jon Jones's first pick and second pick overall.
Hester had his preliminary fight against Team Sonnen's Jimmy Quinlan. Hester was upset in the second round via submission. Though Hester was a candidate for the wildcard, his coach, Jon Jones, ultimately picked Bubba McDaniel.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Despite losing in the preliminaries, Hester was given a fight at the finale. Hester faced Bristol Marunde at The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale. Hester won the back-and-forth fight via KO from a standing elbow in the third round.
Hester faced Robert Whittaker November 8, 2014 at UFC Fight Night 55. He lost the fight via TKO in the second round; the first loss of his UFC career. Despite the loss, Hester was awarded his first Fight of the Night bonus award for the bout.
On June 3 Hester was released from the promotion.
Championships and accomplishments
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|17 matches||11 wins||6 losses|
|Loss||11–6||Marcos Rogério de Lima||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||UFC 197||April 23, 2016||1||4:35||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Light Heavyweight bout.|
|Loss||11–5||Vitor Miranda||TKO (punches and elbows)||UFC 190||August 1, 2015||2||2:38||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Loss||11–4||Robert Whittaker||TKO (knee and punches)||UFC Fight Night: Rockhold vs. Bisping||November 8, 2014||2||2:43||Sydney, Australia||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||11–3||Antônio Braga Neto||Decision (split)||UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs. Stephens||June 28, 2014||3||5:00||San Antonio, Texas, United States|
|Win||10–3||Andy Enz||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 169||February 1, 2014||3||5:00||Newark, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||9–3||Dylan Andrews||TKO (doctor stoppage)||UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Bigfoot||December 7, 2013||2||5:00||Brisbane, Australia|
|Win||8–3||Bristol Marunde||KO (elbow)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs. Team Sonnen Finale||April 13, 2013||3||3:53||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||7–3||Patrick Miller||TKO (punches)||Wild Bill's Fight Night 47||June 23, 2012||1||3:41||Duluth, Georgia, United States|
|Win||6–3||Rashaun Spencer||TKO (punches)||Tabernacle Fight Party||March 3, 2012||2||1:27||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Win||5–3||Tomar Washington||Decision (unanimous)||King of the Ring 3||May 14, 2011||3||5:00||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Loss||4–3||Cale Yarbrough||Submission (north-south choke)||Wild Bill's Fight Night 31||October 29, 2010||3||1:18||Duluth, Georgia, United States|
|Win||4–2||Tony Souza||Submission (punches)||Wild Bill's Fight Night 30||September 11, 2010||2||2:41||Duluth, Georgia, United States|
|Loss||3–2||Roger Carroll||Submission (armbar)||Bangkok Fight Night 5||February 27, 2010||1||2:19||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Loss||3–1||Douglas Lima||Decision (unanimous)||Sin City Fight Club - Redline GP 2||November 13, 2009||3||5:00||Atlanta, Georgia, United States||2010 REDLINE Middleweight Grand Prix Semifinals.|
|Win||3–0||Aaron Johnson||KO (punches)||Sin City Fight Club - Redline GP 1||October 10, 2009||1||0:42||Atlanta, Georgia, United States||2010 REDLINE Grand Prix Quarterfinals.|
|Win||2–0||Dymond Jones||TKO (punches)||Soco de Boss||May 30, 2009||2||4:27||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Win||1–0||Aaron Johnson||TKO (doctor stoppage)||Wild Bill's Fight Night 17||November 8, 2008||1||1:18||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
Professional boxing record
|3 Wins (2 knockouts, 1 decision), 3 Losses, 1 Draw|
|Win||3–3–1||Gary Lavender||TKO||4 (4), 2:35||2012-07-08||Grand Ballroom, Atlanta, Georgia,, United States|
|Win||2–3–1||Tobias Rice||Decision (Unanimous)||4 (4), 3:00||2011-12-02||World Congress Center, Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Loss||1–3–1||Alexis Santos||Decision (Split)||4 (4), 3:00||2011-02-26||Club Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Draw||1–2–1||Jabir Abdul Basit||Draw||4 (4), 3:00||2009-07-03||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Loss||1–2–0||Evan Nedd||TKO||3 (4), 1:52||2009-01-30||UVI Sports & Fitness Center, Charlotte Amalie, U.S. Virgin Islands|
|Win||1–1–0||Jeremy Thomas||KO||2 (4), 0:46||2008-05-09||Center Stage, Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Loss||0–1–0||Francisco Alvarez||KO||1 (4), 2:26||2007-09-14||Kissimmee Civic Center, Kissimmee, Florida, United States|
- "Fight Card - UFC 190 Rousey vs. Correia". UFC.com. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- Mike Bohn (June 26, 2014). "Clint Hester looks for 4-0 UFC start, confidence he can hang with top grapplers". MMAjunkie.com.
- "Client Hester - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Retrieved August 1, 2015.
- "The Ultimate Fighter 17 cast revealed". mmafighting.com. 2013-01-09.
- "TUF 17 Finale fight card". mmafighting.com. April 9, 2013. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- Dana Becker (2013-05-30). "Cezar Ferreira-Clint Hester Slated For UFC 163". fightline.com. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- Christoferr Esping (2013-07-18). "Clint Hester skadad, Thiago 'Marreta' möter nu Cezar 'Mutante' på UFC 163". mmanytt.se. Retrieved 2013-07-18.
- "Dylan Andrews vs. Clint Hester added to UFC Fight Night 33 in Australia". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved September 16, 2013.
- Damon Martin (2013-12-20). "TUF 17 fighters Clint Hester and Andy Enz agree to meet at UFC 169". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2013-12-20.
- Jacob Cooper (2014-04-23). "Clint Hester vs. Antonio Braga Neto added to UFC Fight Night 44". cagepages.com. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- Matt Erickson (September 11, 2014). "Five bouts, including Hester-Whittaker, added to UFC Fight Night 55 in Australia". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved September 11, 2014.
- Staff (2014-11-08). "UFC Fight Night 55 bonuses: Rockhold, Smolka, Whittaker, Hester win $50,000". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-11-08.
- C.J. Tuttle (2015-01-23). "Middleweights Clint Hester, Luke Barnatt to clash at UFC Fight Night in Fairfax". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2015-01-23.
- Staff (2015-03-07). "Injury knocks Clint Hester from fight with Luke Barnatt at UFC Fight Night 63 in Virginia". mmajunkie.com.
- Staff (2015-06-11). "Vitor Miranda vs. Clint Hester targeted for UFC 190". themmareport.com. Retrieved 2015-06-11.
- Ben Fowlkes (2015-08-01). "UFC 190 results: Relentless Vitor Miranda pounds out Clint Hester in second". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- Guilherme Cruz (2016-02-13). "Marcos Rogerio de Lima announces UFC 197 fight with Clint Hester". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-02-13.
- Steven Marrocco (2016-04-23). "UFC 197 results: Marcos Rogerio de Lima perfect in submission of Clint Hester". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-04-23.