This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Clinton James Morris
Shepparton, Victoria, Australia
|Occupation||Publicist, producer, journalist, screenwriter|
Clint Morris (born 1975) is an Australian entertainment writer, publicist and producer. He is the CEO of publicity and publishing firm October Coast, a partner in October Coast Entertainment and a partner in the production company Shorris Film, with producing credits including Radio America and Complacent.
Clint Morris is the elder of two children of Robert and Heather Morris. Morris spent his teenage years working at drive-in theaters, video stores and at radio stations, where he would begin his career as a broadcast journalist. Morris attended North Shepparton Secondary College in Shepparton. He was a finalist valedictorian at college, graduating with a bachelor of business. He also holds advanced diplomas in Advertising and Marketing, and a certificate in Commercial Radio announcing.
Morris began his career as a radio announcer at several Victorian radio stations in the mid-1990s. Morris said of his entrance into journalism:
I believe I was about 16 or 17 when I started reviewing for local radio, which led to a regular gig as a radio announcer for a few years, if only because I was the only film fanatic in country Victoria that knew his Cimino's from his Friedkin's. No matter which station I ended up at, I’d always end up saddling the film reviewing job. I didn't complain. I even got to see Sliver a few days before release. But the experience on radio led to some reviewing work with a couple of newspapers and magazines and a TV show. By the time I was 21 I was working in marketing and publicity, but I never let the film reviewing go completely.
After working on a contract basis on several studio pictures as a producer and screenwriter, Morris decided to officially enter the film-making world, joining actor and filmmaker Christopher Showerman to form Shorris Film, a Los Angeles-based independent film production company. The duo's first film was Between the Sand and the Sky. Morris went on to produce such films as Complacent and Radio America. He co-produced Vitals in 2014.
- Vitals (2014)
- Condition Dead (2014) (in development)
- Room & Board (2013) (associate producer)
- Bristled (2013)
- Knockout (2013)
- Radio America (2012)
- Top Priority : The Terror Within (2012) – also publicist
- Complacent' (2010)
- Rampage (2010)
- A Lonely Place for Dying (2008)
- Dead Country (2008)
- Between the Sand and the Sky (2008)
- Raiders of the Damned (2007; video)
- Traveller : Red (2006; video) – also voice
- Shortcut to Happiness (2004)
- The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride (1998) – assistant
- "Radio America – About the Film". Official Website of Radio America. Radio America Official Website.
- Buckmaster, Luke. "Crikey". Meet the Critics series: Clint Morris. crikey.com.au. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- "SciFiScoop". Interview with Christopher Showerman on "Between the Sand and the Sky" and "Radio America". SciFiScoop.com.
- "George of the Jungle... Sings?". GeekWeek.Com. GeekWeek.Com.