Clinton Municipal Airport (Iowa)
|Clinton Municipal Airport|
USGS aerial image, 1994 (North is to the right)
|Owner||City of Clinton|
|Elevation AMSL||708 ft / 216 m|
Clinton Municipal Airport (IATA: CWI, ICAO: KCWI, FAA LID: CWI) is a city owned public use airport located six nautical miles (11 km) southwest of the central business district of Clinton, a city in Clinton County, Iowa, United States. This airport is included in the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (2017-2021), which categorizes it as a general aviation airport.
Facilities and aircraft
Clinton Municipal Airport covers an area of 556 acres (225 ha) at an elevation of 708 feet (216 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 3/21 is 5,204 by 100 feet (1,586 x 30 m) and 14/32 is 4,201 by 100 feet (1,280 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending September 10, 2015, the airport had 15,400 aircraft operations, an average of 42 per day: 95% general aviation, 3% military and 2% air taxi. In April 2017, there were 40 aircraft based at this airport: 30 single-engine, 3 multi-engine, 1 jet and 6 ultralight.
The airport is the site of the annual Cessna 150 and Cessna 152 fly-in, which began in 2001. The fly-in is open to owners, pilots and enthusiasts who share a common interest in those types of airplanes.
- FAA Airport Master Record for CWI ( PDF), effective Apr 27, 2017.
- FAA National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems: 2009-2013. Federal Aviation Administration. Published 1 October 2008.
- Official website
- Clinton Municipal (CWI) at Iowa DOT Airport Directory
- (PDF), effective April 27, 2017
- FAA Terminal Procedures for CWI, effective April 27, 2017
- Resources for this airport: