Clinton Road (LIRR station)
The former Clinton Road LIRR Station, now a firehouse.
|Location||Clinton Road and Saint James Street North
Garden City, New York
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Closed||May 15, 1953|
|Rebuilt||No; Station abandoned|
Clinton Road was a former station located on the Garden City-Mitchel Field Secondary branch of the Long Island Rail Road in the village of Garden City, New York. The station opened in 1915 on a line originally built by the Central Railroad of Long Island and was served by shuttle trains running between Country Life Press and Mitchel Field. Passenger service at Clinton Road ended on May 15, 1953.
- "LIRR Station History". trainsarefun.com. Archived from the original on 2011-01-06. Retrieved 2011-11-25.
- "Long Island Stations & Structures". trainsweb.org. Retrieved 2011-11-25.
- Zeil, Ron; Wettereau, Richard (1988). Victorian Railroad Stations of Long Island. Bridgehampton: Sunrise Special. p. 132. OCLC 19319353.
- "Station 3". Garden City Fire Department. Retrieved 2011-11-25.
- Shuttle Service - Garden City to Salisbury Plains Part 1 (Arrt's Archives)
- Shuttle Service - Garden City to Salisbury Plains Part 2 (Arrt's Archives)
|This New York train station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|