Clinton Township, Elkhart County, Indiana
Location of Clinton Township in Elkhart County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.78 sq mi (92.7 km2)|
|• Land||35.73 sq mi (92.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||915 ft (279 m)|
|• Density||129.4/sq mi (50.0/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453231|
Clinton Township was named for the son of a pioneer settler.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.78 square miles (92.7 km2), of which 35.73 square miles (92.5 km2) (or 99.86%) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (or 0.17%) is water. Fish Lake is in this township.
Cities and towns
- Millersburg (north three-quarters)
- Middlebury Township (north)
- Newbury Township, LaGrange County (northeast)
- Eden Township, LaGrange County (east)
- Perry Township, Noble County (southeast)
- Benton Township (south)
- Jackson Township (southwest)
- Elkhart Township (west)
- Jefferson Township (northwest)
The township contains [at least]six cemeteries: Clinton Brick Mennonite, Clinton Union, Nisley, Rock Run, Thomas, and Woodlawn 
- "Clinton Township, Elkhart County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Elkhart County, Indiana. Chas. C. Chapman Co. 1881. p. 692.
- Cemeteries of Elkhart County, Indiana, Vol I 1990, p. 2, 94-180
|This Elkhart County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|