Clinton Township, Fulton County, Ohio
|Clinton Township, Fulton County, Ohio|
Fields on State Route 108, south of Wauseon
Location of Clinton Township in Fulton County
|• Total||41.6 sq mi (107.8 km2)|
|• Land||41.5 sq mi (107.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||771 ft (235 m)|
|• Density||223.4/sq mi (86.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086122|
Clinton Township is one of the twelve townships of Fulton County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 9,554 people in the township, 2,222 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Dover Township - north
- Pike Township - northeast corner
- York Township - east
- Liberty Township, Henry County - southeast corner
- Freedom Township, Henry County - south
- Ridgeville Township, Henry County - southwest corner
- German Township - west
- Franklin Township - northwest corner
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Most of the township is within the Wauseon telephone exchange, which is served by UTO (United Telephone Company of Ohio,) doing business as CenturyLink, with telephone numbers using the following Numbering Plan Codes:
Pettisville and an area south of that are served by the Archbold telephone exchange, which is delivered by UTO (United Telephone Company of Ohio,) doing business as CenturyLink, with telephone numbers using the following Numbering Plan Codes:
A small section of the area where County Road AC and County Road 16 intersect is in the Gerald telephone exchange, delivered by UTO (United Telephone Company of Ohio,) doing business as CenturyLink, with the following codes:
A short section of County Road AC is served by the Ridgeville Corners telephone exchange:
Fire and Emergency Medical
Dover Township contracts with the Wauseon Fire Department and Fulton County's Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Department located in Wauseon, Ohio.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Fulton County 2014 Population Estimates For Cities, Villages, and Townships Ohio State University, published May 2015. Accessed 29 March 2016.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- School District Boundary Maps GreatSchools.org. Retrieved 29 March 2016
- Zip Map: Fulton County ZipMap.net
- PUCO: Ohio Telephone Exchange Areas puco.gov
- Ridgeville Telephone Company
- PUCO: Electric Service Areas of Ohio puco.gov