Clinton Township, Shelby County, Ohio
|Clinton Township, Shelby County, Ohio|
Farm fields on Schenck Road, southwest of Sidney
Location of Clinton Township in Shelby County
|• Total||16.7 sq mi (43.4 km2)|
|• Land||16.7 sq mi (43.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||1,037 ft (316 m)|
|• Density||1,254.5/sq mi (484.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086958|
Clinton Township is one of the fourteen townships of Shelby County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 20,903 people in the township, 1,223 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Franklin Township - north
- Salem Township - northeast
- Perry Township - east
- Orange Township - south
- Washington Township - southwest
- Turtle Creek Township - northwest
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Shelby County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Hitchcock, Almon Baldwin Carrington (1913). History of Shelby County, Ohio, and representative citizens. p. 83.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.