Clintonia Township, DeWitt County, Illinois
Location in DeWitt County
DeWitt County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 2, 1858|
|• Total||30.06 sq mi (77.9 km2)|
|• Land||30.04 sq mi (77.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||728 ft (222 m)|
|• Density||260.7/sq mi (100.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61727, 61777|
|GNIS feature ID||0428822|
Clintonia Township is one of thirteen townships in DeWitt County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 7,832 and it contained 3,628 housing units. Clintonia Township changed its name from Clinton Township June 7, 1859.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 30.06 square miles (77.9 km2), of which 30.04 square miles (77.8 km2) (or 99.93%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.03%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Clinton (all but south edge)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Memorial Park, Oak Park, Weaver and Woodlawn.
- Clinton Community Unit School District 15
- United States Congressional District 13
- State House District 101
- State Senate District 51
- "Clintonia Township, DeWitt County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
|Barnett Township||Harp Township|
|Tunbridge Township||Texas Township||Creek Township|