Gould has appeared as soloist with a number of orchestras, including the London Sinfonietta, the London Philharmonic Orchestra, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, the BBC Symphony Orchestra, the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, the Ulster Orchestra, the National Symphony Orchestra of Ireland, and the Royal Scottish National Orchestra. In 2002, she became the first woman to serve as the leader of a London orchestra (the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra), and is currently the leader of the London Sinfonietta.
Gould is a specialist in contemporary music and has given many first performances. She is a professor of violin at the Royal Academy of Music, and serves as director of the Royal Academy Soloists.
- Thomas Gould (violinist), brother
- "Royal Academy of Music, Staff". Retrieved 18 July 2009.
- Hilary Finch (January 22, 2010). "Royal Philharmonic Orchestra/Dutoit at Festival Hall". The Times. Retrieved 16 Feb 2010.
- "London Sinfonietta - Clio Gould". Retrieved 18 July 2009.
- Per Morton's remarks on BBC Radio 3's Performance on 3, 2 March 2011