|Industry||Direct Mail, Internet Advertising, and Marketing|
|Steve Zuckerman, Ian Ruzow, Bob Zuckerman|
|Products||Coupon and Deal magazines|
Number of employees
|Parent||Harland Clarke Holdings Corp.|
Clipper Magazine is a local, regional and national direct-mail advertising company, with 519 local editions and specialty publications in 25 states each mailing 8 to 12 times annually to more than 32 million homes. In addition to the Clipper Magazine brand, it publishes under the brands Local Flavor, Mint Magazine, Reach, Great Deals Magazine, Get1Free and Market Magazine as well as various specialty publications.
The company started in 1983 as a student business at Franklin & Marshall College, in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, by Steve Zuckerman, Ian Ruzow and Bob Zuckerman. Clipper Magazine was acquired in November 2015.
In 2004, Clipper Magazine purchased the naming rights of Clipper Magazine Stadium, home of the Lancaster Barnstormers of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, for $2.5 million over ten years. The baseball park is located at 650 North Prince Street in the Northwest Corridor neighborhood of Lancaster, Pennsylvania. This agreement was extended in 2013 through the 2019 season.
In November 2015, Clipper Magazine was purchased for an undisclosed amount by Valassis Communications, a Michigan-based direct-mail company. Valassis acquired Clipper Magazine in an effort to accelerate its expansion into local business markets. Valassis currently owns the magazine.
- "Company Profile". Clipper Magazine. Retrieved June 29, 2018.
- Urie, Daniel (2015-11-12). "Clipper Magazine acquired by Michigan-based company". PennLive.com. Retrieved 2 February 2019.
- "Clipper Magazine buys naming rights". Clipper Magazine. Retrieved May 16, 2006.
- "Clipper Magazine Extends Naming Rights Agreement". Lancaster Barnstormers. Retrieved February 3, 2013.
- Marilyn Odesser-Torpey (4 June 2013). Insiders' Guide® to Philadelphia & Pennsylvania Dutch Country. Rowman & Littlefield. pp. 260–. ISBN 978-0-7627-8376-2.
- Mekeel, Tim (6 November 2015). "Michigan firm buys Clipper Magazine for undisclosed price". LancasterOnline. Retrieved 2 February 2019.
- "Valassis Accelerates Growth Strategy by Unifying Digital and Print Organizations". Citizen Tribune. 7 January 2019. Retrieved 2 February 2019.