Sir Clive Johnstone
|Born||6 September 1963|
|Years of service||1985 –|
|Commands held||Allied Maritime Command|
HMS Iron Duke
|Awards||Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire|
Companion of the Order of the Bath
Educated at Shrewsbury School and Durham University, Johnstone joined the Royal Navy in 1985. He became commanding officer of the frigate HMS Iron Duke in 1999. He became the Fleet Programmer in 2001, Commanding Officer of the amphibious transport dock HMS Bulwark in 2005, and Director of Navy Staff Duties at the Ministry of Defence in April 2008. He went on to be Principal Staff Officer to the Chief of the Defence Staff in December 2008, Flag Officer, Sea Training in July 2011, and Assistant Chief of the Naval Staff (Policy) in May 2013. His latest appointment was as Commander Allied Maritime Command in October 2015, when he was promoted to vice admiral on 15 October 2015.
Johnstone was appointed a Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the 2019 New Year Honours.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Clive Johnstone.|
- Naval vessel to fly county's flag BBC, 12 December 2005
- "New father returns to the bridge". Birmingham Post. 28 July 1999. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- Captains Commanding Royal Navy Warships Archived 14 July 2015 at the Wayback Machine.
- Senior Royal Navy appointments Archived 15 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- Ministry of Defence and Senior Tri-Service Appointments Archived 17 November 2015 at the Wayback Machine.
- "NATO Allied Maritime Command changes Commanders". www.mc.nato.int. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- "No. 61392". The London Gazette (Supplement). 27 October 2015. p. 21038.
- "No. 62507". The London Gazette (Supplement). 29 December 2018. p. N5.
| Flag Officer Sea Training
| Assistant Chief of the Naval Staff (Policy)