Clock House railway station
Entrance to Clock House station
Location of Clock House in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Bromley|
|Number of platforms||2|
|OSI||Kent House |
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|1 May 1890||Opened|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portal
UK Railways portalCoordinates:
Clock House railway station is in the London Borough of Bromley in south east London, in Travelcard Zone 4 between Beckenham and Penge. The station and all trains serving it are operated by Southeastern on the Hayes line.
The station, which was opened by the South Eastern Railway in 1890, is named after the nearby residence of the Cator Family, demolished in 1896. Clock House retains its original street level booking hall and the remnants of its platform canopies and was formerly known for its tendency to flood whenever overwhelmed by the Chaffinch brook. The station name can be spelt either Clock House or Clockhouse. For example, the previous station signage used the latter (historically inaccurate) form, whilst the published timetables use the former version. The new Southeastern re-branded station signage and livery has since corrected this inaccuracy.
Kent House station is a short walk from this station, and has trains between London Victoria and Orpington, which are also operated by Southeastern.
The typical off peak service is:
- 2tph (trains per hour) northbound, calling at all stations to Cannon Street
- 2tph northbound calling at all stations to Ladywell then fast to Waterloo East and Charing Cross
- 4tph southbound calling at all stations to Hayes
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Platform 2 (trains towards Hayes) has step-free access, but Platform 1 (trains towards London) has access available via steps only.
|Southeastern towards Charing Cross or Cannon Street|
|Southeastern towards Hayes|
- "Out of Station Interchanges" (XLS). Transport for London. May 2011. Archived from the original on 20 October 2012.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- "The Railways of Beckenham", Andrew Hajducki, 2011[page needed]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Clock House railway station.|
- Train times and station information for Clock House railway station from National Rail
- Beckenham History