This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
ClockworkMod is a software company, owned by Koushik "Koush" Dutta, which develops various software products for Android smartphones and tablets. The company is primarily known for its custom recovery image, known as ClockworkMod Recovery, which is used in many custom made ROMs.
ClockworkMod Recovery is an Android custom recovery image. Once installed, this recovery image replaces your Android device's stock recovery image. Using this recovery image, various system-level operations can be performed. For example, one can create and restore partition backups, root, install / repair / upgrade system software and/or custom ROMs, and use other developer tools.
ClockworkMod Recovery is free and open-source software, released under the terms of the Apache License 2.0 software license. The ClockworkMod Recovery source code is included in the CyanogenMod source code tree.
- "All About Recovery Images". CyanogenMod Wiki. Cyanogen, Inc. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "What is ClockworkMod Recovery, and what is it for?". Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange. Stack Exchange, Inc. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "Clock Work Mod based file management". Aroma File Manager for Recovery based file management.
The company also provides the following apps:
- ROM Manager: An app to install custom operating systems, known as ROMs
- Tether: An app used for tethering regardless of carrier based tethering plans
- Helium: An app used to backup user and system data on your phone without the need for root
- DeskSMS: An app to send and receive text messages from your email, browser, or instant messenger client
- TWRP – an alternative to ClockworkMod Recovery
- "Koushik Dutta". LinkedIn. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- Based on: "android_bootable_recovery/NOTICE at cm-12.0 · CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery". GitHub, Inc. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "clockworkmod source code - Google Search". Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "Porting ClockworkMod Recovery to a New Device". XDA-University. Retrieved 26 August 2015.