ClockworkMod is a software company, owned by Koushik "Koush" Dutta, which develops various software products for Android smartphones and tablets. The company is primarily known for its custom recovery image, ClockworkMod Recovery, which is used in many custom made ROMs.
|Written in||C, C++|
|Successor||CyanogenMod Recovery,[a] LineageOS Recovery[b]|
|License||Apache License 2.0|
ClockworkMod Recovery is an Android custom recovery image. Once installed, this recovery image replaces the Android device's stock recovery image. Using this recovery image, various system-level operations can be performed. For example, one can create and restore partition backups, root, install, repair, upgrade system software and custom ROMs, and use other developer tools.
The company also provides the following apps:
- ROM Manager: An app to install custom operating systems, known as ROMs. It was briefly pulled for violating Google Play's in-app-purchase policies.
- Tether: An app used for tethering regardless of carrier based tethering plans.
- Helium: An app used to backup user and system data on your phone without the need for root.
- DeskSMS: An app to send and receive text messages from your email, browser, or instant messenger client.
- AllCast: An app that enables stream local and cloud videos to Chromecast, AppleTV, FireTV, and DLNA devices.
- Vysor: An app that allows mirrorring and control of an Android device on a desktop computer. It was temporarily removed due to licensing issues.
- TWRP – an alternative to ClockworkMod Recovery
- Corporations and Charities Filing System, Washington Secretary of State, UBI: 603072700, retrieved 6 August 2019
- Crider, Michael. "[Interview] Koushik "Koush" Dutta On Leaving Cyanogen, Inc. And His Return To ClockworkMod". Android Police.
- "Github - CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery". Archived from the original on 24 October 2010.
- "Github - LineageOS/android_bootable_recovery". Retrieved 30 July 2020.
- Based on: "android_bootable_recovery/NOTICE at cm-9.1.0 · CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery". GitHub, Inc. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- Hoffman, Chris. "What is a Custom Recovery on Android, and Why Would I Want One?". How-To Geek.
- Danny Stieben (12 January 2014). "What's a Custom Recovery? Exploring CWM, TWRP, and Friends". MakeUseOf. Retrieved 9 September 2019.
- "My Brain Hurts: ROM Manager - Any Recovery". See "forked". Archived from the original on 16 January 2011. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- "koush's android_bootable_recovery at eclair - GitHub". Archived from the original on 3 September 2010. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- Ruddock, David. "It Looks Like ROM Manager Is Back In The Play Store Already". Android Police.
- D'Orazio, Dante. "New ClockworkMod app offers free tethering to Android phones, sans root". The Verge.
- Novet, Jordan. "Vysor app for using your Android device from your computer becomes unavailable". VentureBeat.
- "All About Recovery Images". CyanogenMod Wiki. Cyanogen, Inc. Archived from the original on 26 August 2015. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "What is ClockworkMod Recovery, and what is it for?". Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange. Stack Exchange, Inc. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "Clock Work Mod based file management". Aroma File Manager for Recovery based file management.