|Elevation||505 ft (154 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||116275|
Clopton is an unincorporated community in Dale County, Alabama, United States. Clopton is located on Alabama State Route 105, 10.9 miles (17.5 km) west-northwest of Abbeville. Clopton had a post office from August 22, 1853, to November 19, 2011; it still has its own ZIP code, 36317.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
Clopton was listed as an unincorporated community in the 1880 U.S. Census with a population of 142.
- Henry B. Steagall, U.S. Representative from 1915 to 1943. Co-sponsored the Glass-Steagall Act and Wagner-Steagall National Housing Act.
- "Clopton". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- General Highway Map: Dale County, Alabama (PDF) (Map). Alabama Department of Transportation. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on February 21, 2014. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- "U.S. Decennial Census". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
|This Alabama state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|