Close-up is a brand of toothpaste launched in 1967 by Unilever as the first gel toothpaste. The brand is marketed worldwide by Unilever and licensed since 2003 for North America to Church & Dwight.
Close-Up toothpaste is also available in the Philippines, Peru, Argentina, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, India and Bangladesh. It is one of the top brands in terms of sales in India. The brand is positioned to target the youth segment with a lifestyle appeal in its advertising campaigns. According to an August 2016 report in The Economic Times, Close-Up was in the second spot in market share of toothpaste in India during January-June 2015 as well as January-June 2016.
- Kanner, Bernice (29 March 1982). "The gelling of America". New York Magazine. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- "A unique oral care brand for up-close situations". Unileverme.com. Archived from the original on 24 February 2012. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "Colgate and Unilever battle in India with the same smile". The Financial Express. 21 April 1999. Archived from the original on 8 November 2012. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "Church & Dwight agrees to purchase Unilever's oral care brands in the U.S. and Canada; Transaction Will Strengthen Company's 'Strategically Important Oral Care Business'". Business Wire. 10 September 2003. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- "Unilever sells oral healthcare lines". Cnn.com. 10 September 2003. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- Bhushan, Ratna (9 August 2016). "Dabur Red toothpaste rides herbal wave, moves to 3rd slot". The Economic Times. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- Krishnamurthy, Sandeep (2006). Contemporary research in e-marketing, Volume 2. Idea Group Inc (IGI). p. 317. ISBN 1591408245.
|This product article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|