CloseCall America, also called CloseCall, was a telephone, wireless and Internet service provider formed in 1999, with operations headquartered in Stevensville, Maryland. It provided service throughout the United States.
Founded in May 1999, CloseCall was a Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) operating in 48 states of the US. CloseCall provided voice and data services to businesses, residential, and government customers on a combination of resold networks from the incumbent carriers. Stephen Ruppert was the founder of CloseCall America, but they were acquired by MobilePro in 2004. MobilePro sold its CLEC operations to USA Telephone in 2007.
- Adler, Neil (2006-07-21). "MobilePro subsidiary expands services in N.Y. and Kansas". Washington Business Journal. American City Business Journals. Archived from the original on 2010-01-31. Retrieved 2010-01-31.
- Trewyn, Phill (2001-03-09). "Phone company targets Illinois border towns". Milwaukee Business Journal. American City Business Journals. Retrieved 2010-01-31.
- "MobilePro expands voice, wireless, Internet service to Texas". San Antonio Business Journal. American City Business Journals. 2006-02-21. Archived from the original on 2010-01-31. Retrieved 2010-01-31.
- "CloseCall shareholders approve purchase by MobilePro". The Business Journal of Milwaukee. American City Business Journals. 2004-09-28. Archived from the original on 2004-10-21. Retrieved 2010-01-31.
- MobilePro to divest CLEC division for $30M
|This article about a telecommunications company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|