|Developer(s)||Cloud9 IDE, Inc|
|License||v3 - Freeware
v2 - GNU GPL v3
||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (July 2016)|
- Built-in terminal, with npm and basic Unix commands
- Code completion for snippets and identifiers
- Multiple cursors for simultaneous editing
- Parenthesis, bracket, and quote character matching
- Line numbers, warnings, and errors in the gutter
- Tabbed file management
- Customizable key-bindings, including presets for Vim, Emacs, and Sublime Text
- Built in Image Editor
- Code reformatting via JSBeautify and CSSLint
- Ability to drag-and-drop files into your project
- Support for the following code repositories:
- Support for deployment to:
- Support for public and private projects
- Plug-in support
About the Company
An Amazon.com Company  Founded in 2010 and based in San Francisco and Amsterdam, Cloud9 IDE is a privately held company. Cloud9 IDE raised $5.5 million in Series A funding from Accel Partners and product development software company Atlassian Software.
On 14th July 2016, Cloud9 announced that they have been acquired by Amazon in their blog and an email sent out to its users. 
- "LICENSE". Cloud9. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "LICENSE". Ajax.org. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- Cloud9 IDE 3.0 Now Runs in Ubuntu Containers via Docker. InfoQcom. Retrieved on 2014-08-15
- Cloud9 IDE on Google Compute Engine. Google Cloud Platform Blog. Retrieved on 2014-08-15.
- Windows Azure on Cloud9. C9.io. Retrieved on 2014-05-29.
- Deploy to Google App Engine with Cloud9 and git. C9.io (2013-07-22). Retrieved on 2014-05-29.
- Deploy to (S)FTP. C9.io. Retrieved on 2014-05-29.
- Development As A Service Platform Cloud9 Raises $5.5M From Accel And Atlassian Software. TechCrunch (2011-06-21). Retrieved on 2014-05-29.