|Developer(s)||Amazon Web Services|
|License||v3 - Freeware, Non-commercial License|
v2 - GNU GPL v3
Cloud9 had been acquired by Amazon in July 2016. As of March 2018, existing accounts on Cloud9's original website may be used, but new accounts may not be created. Cloud9 is now a part of Amazon Web Services (AWS), and as such, new users must use an AWS account to use the Cloud9 service.
This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (July 2016)
- Built-in terminal, with npm and basic Unix commands
- Code completion for snippets and identifiers
- Multiple cursors for simultaneous editing
- Parenthesis, bracket, and quote character matching
- Line numbers, warnings, and errors in the gutter
- Tabbed file management
- Customizable key-bindings, including presets for Vim, Emacs, and Sublime Text
- Built in Image Editor
- Code reformatting via JSBeautify and CSSLint
- Ability to drag-and-drop files into projects
- Support for the following code repositories:
- Support for deployment to:
- Support for public and private projects
- Plug-in support
Founded in 2010, and based in San Francisco and Amsterdam, Cloud9 IDE was a privately held company. Cloud9 IDE raised $5.5 million in Series A funding from Accel Partners and product development software company Atlassian Software.
On July 14, 2016, Cloud9 announced that it had been acquired by Amazon.com.
- "AWS Cloud9". Amazon Web Services. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Cloud9 Software Development Kit Non-commercial License Agreement". Cloud9. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "LICENSE". Ajax.org. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- Windows Azure on Cloud9 Archived 2012-03-19 at the Wayback Machine.. C9.io. Retrieved on 2014-05-29.
- Deploy to Google App Engine with Cloud9 and git Archived 2013-08-18 at the Wayback Machine.. C9.io (2013-07-22). Retrieved on 2014-05-29.
- Deploy to (S)FTP. C9.io. Retrieved on 2014-05-29.
- Development As A Service Platform Cloud9 Raises $5.5M From Accel And Atlassian Software. TechCrunch (2011-06-21). Retrieved on 2014-05-29.