|Founders||Alexandre Augusto "Auggy" da Rocha|
|Jeff Kukowski, CEO|
Bernard Sanders, CTO,Co-Founder
Alexandre Augusto "Auggy" da Rocha, Product Architect, Co-Founder
Steven Scribner, CFO
Rick Kilcoyne, VP, Solutions Architecture
CloudBolt is a hybrid cloud management platform developed by CloudBolt Software for deploying and managing virtual machines (VMs), applications, and other IT resources, both in public clouds (e.g., AWS, MS Azure, GCP) and in private data centers (e.g., VMware, OpenStack).
The platform was developed by Alexandre Augusto "Auggy" da Rocha and Bernard Sanders. da Rocha began work on a prototype of the platform in 2010, calling it SmartCloud 1.0. Together they created a generalized solution, which was released in August 2011 as SmartCloud 2.0. The early version focused on simple installs and upgrades of virtual machines, and building an extensible product that customers could use as a platform for integrating with other technologies.
In 2012, they renamed their company to CloudBolt Software (to avoid a name conflict with an IBM offering), and in 2013 CloudBolt Command and Control (C2) was included as the cloud manager in Dell Cloud for US Government. In 2014, the product name "CloudBolt Command and Control (C2)" was simplified to "CloudBolt".
- 2011 - 2.0 released, with support only for VMware & HP Server Automation (formerly Opsware)
- 2012 - 3.0 released, rebranded as CloudBolt with support for AWS & OpenStack added
- 2013 - 4.0 released, support for Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Infoblox, vCO (now vRO), and HP Operations Orchestration, Cobbler
- 2014 - 4.5 released, including integration with Puppet & Chef, ServiceNow
- 2015 - 5.0 released with support for Kubernetes container orchestrator and Razor bare metal provisioning
- 2016 - 6.0 released, with support for Azure ARM, Ansible, Oracle Public Cloud
- 2017 - 7.0 released, with 18 total public clouds and private virtualization systems supported, 4 configuration managers, and 2 external orchestrators
- 2018 - 8.0 released, with everything-as-a-service (XaaS), enhanced containerization and Kubernetes support
- 2019 - 9.0 released, with support for infrastructure-as-code (Terraform), expanded self-service workload delivery, security, and multi-cloud management
- SIIA CODiE Award for Best Cloud Management Solution, 2020.
- Gartner names CloudBolt a "Challenger" in its 2020 Magic Quadrant for Cloud Management Platforms.
- Tech Target's Impact award for best private and hybrid cloud management product, 2016.
- WhatMatrix for CloudManagement, 2017, 2018.
- "CloudBolt Software: Product Overview and Insight". eWeek. Retrieved 2020-04-21.
- "CloudBolt puts multiple cloud and IT resources into a unified view". GCN. Retrieved 2020-05-08.
- "CloudBolt Software administers your IT, no matter where it runs". Gigaom. Retrieved 2020-05-08.
- "CloudBolt 9.0 - CloudBolt Software". SIIA CODiE Awards. Retrieved 2020-05-26.
- "What's Changed: 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Management Platforms". Solutions Review. Retrieved 2020-05-26.
- "CloudBolt tops Impact Awards for private cloud management". TechTarget. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
- "CloudBolt clears up muddied private, hybrid cloud field". TechTarget. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
- "And the Community Award for Best CMP goes to..." WhatMatrix. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
- "The WhatMatrix CMP Landscape Report Q3 2018 is here! | Technology Comparisons and Reports". www.whatmatrix.com. Retrieved 2018-11-05.