|Target platform(s)||macOS, iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, tvOS, Web|
|Website||CloudKit at Apple Developer|
CloudKit is an integrated macOS, iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, and tvOS API that functions as a backend as a service (BaaS). CloudKit is the framework that powers iCloud on those operating systems and on the web.
Application developers can utilize CloudKit for integrated access to Apple's iCloud servers into iOS and macOS applications. The framework provides authentication, a private database, a public database and structured asset storage services allowing developers to focus on client-side development. It is the foundation for both iCloud Storage and iCloud Photo Library.
CloudKit also offers several APIs to access the iCloud Storage, where a user can store data and files so that they can be easily accessible from other devices.
Developers claim that this framework "replaces back-end web services like old-school databases, file storage and user authentication systems."
- Kar, Saroj. "Apple's CloudKit is the MBaaS Answer to AWS and Azure Cloud Services | CloudTimes". Archived from the original on 2016-02-16. Retrieved 2016-02-09.
- "iCloud for Developers". Apple Developer. Apple. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "Introduction to CloudKit". Xamarin Developer. Xamarin. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "What is CloudKit?". Nshipster.com. Retrieved 2016-03-26.
- Liu, Croath (29 June 2015). "Cloudkit". nhipster.com. Retrieved 3 March 2016.