This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Initial release||12 July 2016|
|Operating system||OS X 10.10+|
|Type||FTP client, Utility|
|License||Paid with Trial|
Clound mounter is an application for macOS developed by Eltima Software, released on July 12, 2016. It has both standalone and Mac App Store editions, with several technical differences between the two.
CloudMounter enables mounting accounts of cloud storage services and file servers onto a Mac machine as if they were removable drives. Their contents then can be accessed through Finder. It supports the following services:
The main window of the app is a connections manager, where each supported service is assigned to a button. To mount a required drive, a user chooses the corresponding service, enters login credentials and adds a new connection to the list. Clicking "Mount" will display the new drive in Mac Finder.
Unlike native clients of the storage services, CloudMounter does not perform synchronization and thus does not occupy hard drive space on Mac. The files are downloaded only when the user opens them. The software allows adding any number of supported cloud accounts.
CloudMounter does not store login credentials of the added connections. Passwords are kept in macOS Keychain. They are sent directly to the servers only when required. Logging into the cloud accounts is performed through their standard APIs.
The app is distributed through a paid license, and there is a 15-days free trial to test the full version of the software.
- "12 Jul 2016". macupdate.com.
- "Software web-site". eltima.com.
- "Mac App Store". itunes.apple.com.
- "Developer documentation". eltima.com.
- Iulia Ivan. "access various cloud storage servers from the comfort of your Finder". softpedia.com.
- "интегрируя онлайн-ресурсы непосредственно в Finder". macdigger.ru (in Russian).
- Jeffrey Mincey. "Put Cloud Storage Into The Mac's Finder". mac360.com.
- Robert Ilijason. "Fixa bättre molnlagring med Cloudmounter". macworld.idg.se (in Swedish).
- Bagus Hernawan. "CloudMounter, Akses Data di Awan Semudah Local Drive". makemac.com (in Indonesian).
- Fabio Padula. "CloudMounter: il modo più semplice per avere accesso ai propri account di file hosting". slidetomac.com (in Italian).
- Dennis Sellers. "CloudMounter simplifies managing cloud accounts on your Mac". appleworld.today.
- Marcel Schmilgeit. "macOS: CloudMounter bindet FTP und Cloud-Dienste als lokale Ordner in den Finder ein". blogtogo.de (in German).
- Carlos Burges Ruiz de Gopegui. "CloudMounter, una aproximación diferente a los servicios de archivos en la nube; sorteamos una licencia". faq-mac.com (in Spanish).
- Fraell. "CloudMounter – утилита, которая упростит работу с облачными сервисами (Mac)". prostomac.com (in Russian).
- Artyom Kozoriz. "СloudMounter для Mac подключает к Finder все сетевые хранилища". lifehacker.ru (in Russian).
- Erik Eckel. "Three tips for simplifying Mac cloud services management". techrepublic.com.